Double power button for camera...

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Q beta 5 on my 3XL and I'm on vacation and while trying to double tap the power button to open the camera, it's just sitting on a dark screen with the camera icon showing and it's very annoying and I'm missing some great opportunities at some pics. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix for it? Right now the only way to open the camera app is thru the icon. Thanks for reading.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm running Q beta 5 on my 3XL and I'm on vacation and while trying to double tap the power button to open the camera, it's just sitting on a dark screen with the camera icon showing and it's very annoying and I'm missing some great opportunities at some pics. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix for it? Right now the only way to open the camera app is thru the icon. Thanks for reading.
Oh wow that sucks , try restarting the phone ?
Mine been good.
Enjoy your vacation

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Mine has done this fairly regularly on Beta 4&5
It's hit or miss whether the camera will fully open using the double tap from sleep. Usually it doesn't fully open when I really need it to for an opportunistic photo and the moment gets lost.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Did you go into Settings>system>gestures to make sure that function is enabled? It's called "Jump to Camera" and should be toggled on

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on Q5.
I noticed when I would touch the fingerprint sensor right after, it would unlock the camera fine.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you go into Settings>system>gestures to make sure that function is enabled? It's called "Jump to Camera" and should be toggled on

Yes, I've got it enabled in the gesture settings. That's why I can't understand why it doing it. Could it be a bug in Q beta doing it in certain devices?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try long pressing the camera app , tap info clear cache ,data, then force stop see if that works ,I know its beta and could be a bug but worth a try.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've got it enabled in the gesture settings. That's why I can't understand why it doing it. Could it be a bug in Q beta doing it in certain devices?

Definitely a bug. It happens less than it did in Beta 4 so hopefully it'll be completely fixed by Beta 6 or the official version in a month or so. It's just frustrating as like you say it can mean missing some really good photos because your screen is just sitting black with a camera icon on it while you lose your shot.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me from time to time on stock Android P as well. Not that I want to take pictures. But sometimes, I just want to wake up the phone and ended up with a blank screen. IIRC, press or swipe home button area helps to bring the home screen back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781