$600 Trade in for Note 10. WOW

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I jumped on this 600 dollar deal and am contemplating on sending the Note 10+ back. Nothing at all "wrong" with it but nothing overwhelmingly "WOWED" me about it. Coming from the Pixel 3 the size is certainly an adjustment ... the Note 10+ is surprisingly comfortable in the hand, but it certainly is BIG! LOL The quick triple tap of home button for one handed mode helps, but still can't beat the overall one-handed ease of use you get with the Pixel 3.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I jumped on this 600 dollar deal and am contemplating on sending the Note 10+ back. Nothing at all "wrong" with it but nothing overwhelmingly "WOWED" me about it. Coming from the Pixel 3 the size is certainly an adjustment ... the Note 10+ is surprisingly comfortable in the hand, but it certainly is BIG! LOL The quick triple tap of home button for one handed mode helps, but still can't beat the overall one-handed ease of use you get with the Pixel 3.
You can't really compare the Note 10+ and the Pixel 3. They are two very different devices as I'm sure you have noticed. It just comes down to what you value the most.

Honestly, if I were to guess, based on your comments, I would say the Note might not be for you. I've had a Note for 8 years. I have no doubt that it's a tool that I utilize in ways most people around me would not. I think the "die hard" Note users on these boards know what I mean.

Use what works best for you. The Pixel is a very good device.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
My Note is going back. I've noticed my signal strength is nowhere near as strong when I'm sitting at my desk. The speakers sound muffled which is a big deal because I use my phone for a lot of content. The camera is great outdoors, but it's lacking indoors where I take a lot of pictures of my kids.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My Note is going back. I've noticed my signal strength is nowhere near as strong when I'm sitting at my desk. The speakers sound muffled which is a big deal because I use my phone for a lot of content. The camera is great outdoors, but it's lacking indoors where I take a lot of pictures of my kids.
Yeah, I noticed that I was getting no service in areas that I'd normally have service on my Pixel 3.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Back or shirt pocket very slim not bulky at all. It's not as big as some think took a day to get use to the size couldn't go back to smaller device plus the screen is gorgeous to look at.

Thanks for the feedback.... I need to go see one in person before I rule it out as being too big ;-) I do know that Samsung's 18/9 ratio screen size makes a big screen feel not so big :-D

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This wasn't a matter of bars, I literally had no service whatsoever in areas where that's never happened to me before

I do have to say that my pixel has the best reception of any phone I've ever used.... I didn't expect that when I bought it, but it was a pleasant surprise :-D

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I do have to say that my pixel has the best reception of any phone I've ever used.... I didn't expect that when I bought it, but it was a pleasant surprise :-D
Yeah, I've had a few unlocked devices since switching to T-Mobile years ago - from Motorola to Sony to LG to Samsung - and my Pixel 3 is certainly in the tops as far as reception goes.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
From Pixel 3 to Note 10

Size is nice, still can use with one hand. No bugs compared to Pixel. Note 10 works better and battery lasts longer. I have 2 Pixel 3s and both have issues, from random reboots to constant freezing

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
From Pixel 3 to Note 10

Size is nice, still can use with one hand. No bugs compared to Pixel. Note 10 works better and battery lasts longer. I have 2 Pixel 3s and both have issues, from random reboots to constant freezing

Glad to hear you're liking the Note 10! I've had none of those issues with the Pixel 3 ... So odd how each of us have different experiences across these devices!

I did dabble with the Note 10+ and Sammy definitely did things well with the Note 10s! Enjoy!

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting every time something new and cute comes out I get a little bit excited. In fact from my pixel 3XL I went to the s9, S10 plus, LG G8 in the OnePlus 7 pro. In that time I ended up installing the Google camera software on every device and was not able to achieve pictures of the same quality as easily as I was with the pixel itself.

I am a pixel peeper and I hate ****y filtering on photos.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Camera is big for me. That's basically the only reason I could see myself switching to P4. But so far it's been good on Note 10. Daylight pictures I prefer on Note rather then P3, for everything else I use either Pro mode or Gcam. At this point I dont really care if images are a little better on P3 or not because wide angle cam cancels out all the drawback pretty quickly

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Camera is big for me. That's basically the only reason I could see myself switching to P4. But so far it's been good on Note 10. Daylight pictures I prefer on Note rather then P3, for everything else I use either Pro mode or Gcam. At this point I dont really care if images are a little better on P3 or not because wide angle cam cancels out all the drawback pretty quickly
I have to agree. That ultra wide angle camera is sick. And the Color Point live focus more, oh man, amazing looking pictures. And video is way superior on the note 10 plus.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

The ultra wide angle is pretty awesome. I like/use it quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34