I know there have been accuracy issues with this site before. Does anyone really think we will get this next Tuesday?

https://bgr.com/2019/08/26/pixel-3-a...rop-on-sept-3/
    08-26-2019 04:11 PM
    It was reported in PhoneArena as well, based on confirmation from two different Google support agents: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Andr...Pixel_id118451
    Davidoo likes this.
    08-26-2019 04:23 PM
    Quick question, if I'm on the beta for 10 do I have to do anything to get the final release?
    08-26-2019 06:26 PM
    Oh man I hope it's ready to go...... I hate os upgrades, it always involves bugs and a factory reset to get the phone working right again. Android 9 is working perfectly, and I really don't want to have to do a factory reset :-(
    08-27-2019 03:16 AM
    Nope you will get an OTA to the final release build and automatically exit the beta program
    08-27-2019 07:53 AM
    Thanks. Sounds perfect.
    Nope you will get an OTA to the final release build and automatically exit the beta program
    08-27-2019 08:44 AM
    Oh man I hope it's ready to go...... I hate os upgrades, it always involves bugs and a factory reset to get the phone working right again. Android 9 is working perfectly, and I really don't want to have to do a factory reset :-(
    In another thread, someone mentioned that on the Q beta, there was no RAM management jankiness that has been a common complaint on the Pixel 3, so hopefully the engineers figured that part out!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    08-27-2019 09:44 AM
    I hope it is ready too. I use my device for work and it could take me literally days to get everything back if I had to reset.

On a positive note, I've never had a problem with updates so far. I go back many years with smartphones to the old Droid Charge and have never once done a factory reset on any device for an update. The only time I've ever done a reset is at the end of my ownership of the device such as selling it or trading in just to wipe my personal data.
    B. Diddy, hub1 and Coop61 like this.
    08-27-2019 10:27 AM
    On a positive note, I've never had a problem with updates so far.
    Same here. I don't think I've ever had to do a factory reset for any Nexus or Pixel phone after an update.
    Davidoo and Coop61 like this.
    08-27-2019 10:35 AM
    For those of us not running beta, can anyone give a quick and dirty Android 10 "top ten"?
    08-27-2019 08:27 PM
    Not only have released OSs worked well for me, I've always been surprised at how well betas run. I jumped ship on beta 1 but got back in with beta 3 and didn't have any major problems.

For those who don't want a new OS, I don't think you have to go for it.

If you don't want new Android operating systems, buy a Samsung and let the Android 10 have a year or so of testing in the wild before you get it.
    08-28-2019 05:50 AM
    Same here. I don't think I've ever had to do a factory reset for any Nexus or Pixel phone after an update.
    To be fair, I've never had an OTA os upgrade on a pixel before, I upgraded to 9 out of the box, and factory reset before I started using it. But I haven't had a single problem with any of the monthly updates, phones been working flawlessly since I bought it :-D

So you guys are right, I need to give my pixel a chance and stop comparing it to my Moto and windows phones. I bought it because of the pure Android experience straight from Google, and the smooth regular updates... and so far it hasn't let me down. It's been by far the best phone I've ever owned, and I'll definitely be owning pixels from now on (and maybe a note 10/11/? thanks mustang lol).
    Davidoo and B. Diddy like this.
    08-28-2019 06:36 AM
    Coming from Blackberry where OS updated would come rather late, I'm excited to say that I'll be first in line for Android 10. Just another reason why I'm loving the switch to the Pixel 3XL.

Looking forward to the update!
    J Dubbs and anon(10092459) like this.
    08-28-2019 06:38 AM
    Coming from Blackberry where OS updated would come rather late, I'm excited to say that I'll be first in line for Android 10. Just another reason why I'm loving the switch to the Pixel 3XL.

Looking forward to the update!
    Me too. Getting the newest software very early is a big plus. Even if there's an odd hitch which is usually sorted out quickly.
    08-28-2019 10:16 AM