How's your battery life on Android 10?

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I know it's only 1 day this far, but curious what you're seeing.

Pretty happy with the day 1 results on my Pixel 3 ...

67c5bcf03630f7e1958cdced675a9d5f.jpg

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
I'm using the pixel 3a and the battery just went to another level. I am using the darkmode so I know that is helping.

I have been on the phone for over 30 min and only dropped like 4 percent. I even played a game for like 5 minutes. Tomorrow will be the first full test. Will report back

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the pixel 3a and the battery just went to another level. I am using the darkmode so I know that is helping.

I have been on the phone for over 30 min and only dropped like 4 percent. I even played a game for like 5 minutes. Tomorrow will be the first full test. Will report back
That's nice that's awesome to hear!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I only get two days but I always charge when it's convenient. I don't play games on the phone, I don't do social media, I don't do music videos and I'm a happy guy.

sjfrazier0410

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So far (less than 24 hrs) I'd say the battery life for my phone is actually worse. Nothing extreme but it is noticable. I just did the update without wiping the cache or factory resetting anything, so maybe doing that would help. But with the pixel stand and wired fast charging the battery life doesn't bother me. I still got over 4 hrs last night of screen time where I was getting 5 hours. Gonna wait for the OS to set up and re learn my habits before I do anything about the battery life. On the positive side, my phone is hauling *** now. Seems far quicker and far more responsive than ever before. As usual every phone even within the same model family is different so your mileage may vary.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Oh no doubt the phones quicker..... it's too early for me to tell anything about battery life yet, although come to think of it, I had a heavier than usual phone day yesterday and I got home with what would usually be a light days worth of battery left.

So I guess I am getting better battery life....... would you look at that lol.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is phenomenal. Again I charge off the USB in the car with Android Auto going to work and coming home from work, I never drain past about 60% of battery during the day.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I found that when Android 10 got loaded it changed a setting for notifications on my lock screen. It turn them to on all the time. I noticed it while I was listening to music over bluetooth. The phone was showing me what was playing and any and all notifications were on my lockscreen and not hiding. Found the setting and turned that off and my battery life has been great now.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I found that when Android 10 got loaded it changed a setting for notifications on my lock screen. It turn them to on all the time. I noticed it while I was listening to music over bluetooth. The phone was showing me what was playing and any and all notifications were on my lockscreen and not hiding. Found the setting and turned that off and my battery life has been great now.
Wait I'm sorry forgive me but explain that one to me again. I understand listening to music over Bluetooth you see the track you're on and every other notification on your phone on the always on ambient displayed. What did you do though?

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings>display>advanced settings>lock screen display.

All the settings are there.
Wait I'm sorry forgive me but explain that one to me again. I understand listening to music over Bluetooth you see the track you're on and every other notification on your phone on the always on ambient displayed. What did you do though?

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
Went through a whole day and I can't complain about the battery. I would say that it has given me an extra hour of screen on time. Can't complain at all.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Went through a whole day and I can't complain about the battery. I would say that it has given me an extra hour of screen on time. Can't complain at all.
Granted I've never had pie 9, but yes I agree, battery life is much improved vs older versions of Android, even the early versions of Android 10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood