How's your battery life on Android 10?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the smaller Pixel 3 and battery life for me seems about the same. I'm not a heavy phone user either so I still can't comprehend why within 3 minutes of removing from charger and without any use, the phone already drops 1% and I bought it brand new since May of this year.

I love my Pixel 3 but the battery life is such a let down for me. I don't even need to enable digital wellbeing, the short battery life already limits my phone use for me!

Good to hear it has improved for some others though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. Could always use more battery life.
haha yep yep exactly. Again, ever since I had my threat sell I've been on Q beta or Android 10 beta. I was never really on pie 9. Regardless, I stil heard l, from the rumors and reviews of Android 9 from the pixels that I heard about on the forums, heard that Android 10 is much better on battery in general!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
haha yep yep exactly. Again, ever since I had my threat sell I've been on Q beta or Android 10 beta. I was never really on pie 9. Regardless, I stil heard l, from the rumors and reviews of Android 9 from the pixels that I heard about on the forums, heard that Android 10 is much better on battery in general!

Thanks for the positive info. Battery is a deal for most people.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Some days I am getting more battery life, other days it seems worse. Was on beta before the official release. Will test the official version out for a few more days.

For now, will say battery life is maybe slightly better. Phone performance seems snappier though, so that's a really good sign.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I know mine is a Pixel 2XL but I got nearly 7 and a half hours SoT last charged 14 hours ago and 14% battery left. So pretty damn good. And my brightness is over 50%Screenshot_20190908-085201.jpegScreenshot_20190908-085209.jpeg

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was getting great battery life on 9 and nothing that I can tell has changed on 10.... still getting great battery life. I do like that everything's still working like it should with no new permissions needed, or any new battery restrictions etc. It's nice that all my settings stayed intact, and I haven't had to do anything but enjoy 10.

The one thing I have noticed that might or might not be connected to 10 is that the Google Assistant seems to take a lot longer to respond lately.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
....The one thing I have noticed that might or might not be connected to 10 is that the Google Assistant seems to take a lot longer to respond lately.

I don't know if you're talking about responding when you say, "Hey, Google," or responding to a specific query. I don't use "Hey, Google" but the response to questions is quite prompt and the same as it's always been.

I use the verbal command on my Google Home. Since I don't want my Pixel 3, my chromebook, and my watch, all responding in chorus, and out os sync, with mt Google Home, they require a touch to start Google Assistant.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
So far (less than 24 hrs) I'd say the battery life for my phone is actually worse. Nothing extreme but it is noticable. I just did the update without wiping the cache or factory resetting anything, so maybe doing that would help. But with the pixel stand and wired fast charging the battery life doesn't bother me. I still got over 4 hrs last night of screen time where I was getting 5 hours. Gonna wait for the OS to set up and re learn my habits before I do anything about the battery life. On the positive side, my phone is hauling *** now. Seems far quicker and far more responsive than ever before. As usual every phone even within the same model family is different so your mileage may vary.

I concur, does seem a bit worse for me as well but nothing crazy style. And I'm in same boat of no wiping stuff after the install/update. What I find odd tho is my Essential I've been running threw Beta builds for Android 10 & its battery life seems much better then what I get on my Pixel 3. And I realize its not same hardware/specs and the battery is a tad bigger but its no comparison on how long it last compared to my Pixel 3.

5811USMC

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Non-existent... I dropped my Pixel 3 XL onto the livingroom floor with less than 24 hours to Android 10's release... Shattered the screen so badly it won't even light up. So much for my UAG case being a worthwhile investment of $50... Not replacing it with another pixel... can't justify that price.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It's been a little more than 2 days and in my experience the battery life has gotten a little better. I used to average 4 1/2 to 5hr SOT now I'm getting around 6hr.