09-09-2019 06:45 PM
36 12
tools
    I decided to take advantage of Samsung giving me $600 in credits + $100 in accessories to give them my old Pixel 3xl for their new Note 10. It cost me $350 to get their new phone. I was looking forward to trying it out since the phone is physically smaller with the same size screen. What a mistake! I cannot believe how much I dislike this phone. Samsung has convoluted Android so much, that nothing is intuitive. I last tried Samsung with a Galaxy 6 edge (I think) and quickly sold it. I have heard that Samsung has made improvements with their skin on android, but it is still awful. I cannot wait for the Pixel 4 to come out! I'm going to jump on the pre-order and sell this POS as soon as possible. The only reason I write this is so others do not trade their Pixels in without living with a Samsung for a week or two. It is misery.
    09-05-2019 02:32 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience, at least you tried it out , not for everyone.
    I decided to take advantage of Samsung giving me $600 in credits + $100 in accessories to give them my old Pixel 3xl for their new Note 10. It cost me $350 to get their new phone. I was looking forward to trying it out since the phone is physically smaller with the same size screen. What a mistake! I cannot believe how much I dislike this phone. Samsung has convoluted Android so much, that nothing is intuitive. I last tried Samsung with a Galaxy 6 edge (I think) and quickly sold it. I have heard that Samsung has made improvements with their skin on android, but it is still awful. I cannot wait for the Pixel 4 to come out! I'm going to jump on the pre-order and sell this POS as soon as possible. The only reason I write this is so others do not trade their Pixels in without living with a Samsung for a week or two. It is misery.
    09-05-2019 02:53 PM
    You can install the Pixel Launcher on the Note 10, if it's just the launcher that bothers you. (I run Nova Launcher on my Pixel, and have on all my phones.)
    TraderGary likes this.
    09-05-2019 02:55 PM
    I guess I should point out that the hardware is top notch and I have no complaints about that other than I prefer the buttons on the other side and the in screen fingerprint sensor is slow and inconsistent. It is mainly the One UI or whatever they call it that make me want to get rid of it so fast. I love my Galaxy Watch however!
    09-05-2019 02:58 PM
    I guess I should point out that the hardware is top notch and I have no complaints about that other than I prefer the buttons on the other side and the in screen fingerprint sensor is slow and inconsistent. It is mainly the One UI or whatever they call it that make me want to get rid of it so fast. I love my Galaxy Watch however!
    Have you used Samsung pay ? Or charged you wireless headphones with power share? I think if you would of tinker with themes or different launcher might of liked it more .
    09-05-2019 03:00 PM
    I have used Samsung Pay, and it works even at places that they say it doesn't. I was using Google Pay with my Pixel, and I liked it too, but it is more limited. The battery life is too subpar for my to share power with anything and I don't use the wireless headphone that have wireless charging. The different launcher idea may be worth a try however. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    09-05-2019 03:06 PM
    I'm not sure why you dislike Samsung smartphones. I would love a Note 10+. I love Samsung screens. My Pixel is awesome for the price and it's all that I need for now. But it is in no way better than a flagship Samsung. I really like Samsung's UI. It is extremely feature rich. But, in the end, Samsungs are crazy expensive. And that's where I have to draw the line.
    09-05-2019 10:34 PM
    I have used Samsung Pay, and it works even at places that they say it doesn't. I was using Google Pay with my Pixel, and I liked it too, but it is more limited. The battery life is too subpar for my to share power with anything and I don't use the wireless headphone that have wireless charging. The different launcher idea may be worth a try however. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Nova launcher and download google companion for google feed swipe left and Samsung Good lock had nice options for recent apps ,and more
    torbach1 likes this.
    09-05-2019 10:38 PM
    You can change the bottom layout to be like the pixel lol. It's right there in the settings
    09-06-2019 08:15 AM
    Traded my pixel 3xl for Note 10+ and love it. That screen is insane, design is so beautiful, and Samsung pay is just crazy good. Using spen as a shutter to take pictures is sick. And the UI is fast and fluid. Yep, I like it

Wait forgot, and the ultra wide angle camera lol. Oh man so good. Hahaha
    09-06-2019 08:18 AM
    Since no two phones are identical - there are going to be things we like/dislike about each of them. I have a Note 10+ and Pixel 3XL and each have +s and -s. Not many -s on either of them.

Bottom line - give things a chance and if you still don't like it - get rid of it.
    09-06-2019 08:27 AM
    Traded my pixel 3xl for Note 10+ and love it. That screen is insane, design is so beautiful, and Samsung pay is just crazy good. Using spen as a shutter to take pictures is sick. And the UI is fast and fluid. Yep, I like it

Wait forgot, and the ultra wide angle camera lol. Oh man so good. Hahaha
    Thanks for your experiences, I got the 10(even?, not plus), so I don't think the screen is that much of an improvement over the Pixel. Your screen has higher res and much more real estate, but I have no complaints about the screen. I do like the S-pen shutter, and haven't played with the camera enough to see the benefits of wide angle lens. I will say that there is nothing wrong with camera on the Note.
    09-06-2019 12:38 PM
    S
    Bottom line - give things a chance and if you still don't like it - get rid of it.
    Well, I don't have a choice, I will have to wait and maybe, hopefully, the phone wins me over.
    anon(10274434) likes this.
    09-06-2019 12:40 PM
    Well, I don't have a choice, I will have to wait and maybe, hopefully, the phone wins me over.
    I think it already has -
    09-06-2019 12:42 PM
    Thanks
    Action launcher is similar or there is Pixel Launcher and Lawnchair launcher. Those three are closest to the Pixel experience. I think Lawnchair is totally free. Just like the pixel but with icon pack compatibility.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lawnchair.plah

I am using Action Launcher with my Pixel 2XL.
    gendo667 likes this.
    09-06-2019 02:35 PM
    I own both the N10+ and the P3XL and both do have their share of strengths and weaknesses. Sorry to hear things aren't working out for you. At least the Pixel 4 is right around the corner.
    09-06-2019 03:18 PM
    I'm fortunate to have both devices. The Note 10+ fingerprint scanner is a disappointment in my view. I'm sure that the effort to make an in-screen reader work is significant, and I'm in no way dismissing the creativity, expertise and hard work it took.

With the Pixel 3, the rear finger print scanner works every time for me. The Note 10+ is inconsistent for me (I have scanned in multiple prints), as was the S10+ that I traded in to get the $600 off for the Note 10+. I have been a big Note fan/user since the Note 2 (was on Verizon, so the original Note was not an option), but I think the in-screen reader is maybe a solution searching for a problem. The Note 9 had the Face and Iris scanner (more secure combination than Face alone) and the rear scanner worked.

Not sure why the Note 10 had to regress backwards in this area. Again, just my viewpoint and I'm in support for those who like the in-screen reader.
    09-08-2019 10:05 AM
    I had the Note 8 (loved the hardware!), added the Pixel launcher, then thought to myself, why not just get a Pixel? lol
    09-08-2019 11:36 AM
    I'm fortunate to have both devices. The Note 10+ fingerprint scanner is a disappointment in my view. I'm sure that the effort to make an in-screen reader work is significant, and I'm in no way dismissing the creativity, expertise and hard work it took.

With the Pixel 3, the rear finger print scanner works every time for me. The Note 10+ is inconsistent for me (I have scanned in multiple prints), as was the S10+ that I traded in to get the $600 off for the Note 10+. I have been a big Note fan/user since the Note 2 (was on Verizon, so the original Note was not an option), but I think the in-screen reader is maybe a solution searching for a problem. The Note 9 had the Face and Iris scanner (more secure combination than Face alone) and the rear scanner worked.

Not sure why the Note 10 had to regress backwards in this area. Again, just my viewpoint and I'm in support for those who like the in-screen reader.
    Good hard press and quick does the trick. Mine works every single time. My friend was getting disappointed too. Had her re-register her finger prints and started doing quick hard press and release, she is much happier now.

Also, try this. Hope it helps because it really works for me 99% of the time.

Trees likes this.
    09-08-2019 12:08 PM
    I have both and I like both for different reasons. The N10+ is my primary and P3XL is my backup.
    09-08-2019 03:45 PM
    I switched from the pixel 3 and the 10 plus is the fastest device I have ever owned. The camera isn't as good but not that bad the screen is beautiful compared to the pixel. Let's see what Google does with the 4 to see if they can compete.
    EMGSM and Sophos like this.
    09-08-2019 03:52 PM
    I switched from the pixel 3 and the 10 plus is the fastest device I have ever owned. The camera isn't as good but not that bad the screen is beautiful compared to the pixel. Let's see what Google does with the 4 to see if they can compete.
    My thoughts exactly. The 10+ is awesome. I think the Pixel is better all around when it comes to taking picture from color accuracy to sharpness to night shots but the 10+ is still pretty good.
    09-08-2019 09:04 PM
    Action launcher is similar or there is Pixel Launcher and Lawnchair launcher. Those three are closest to the Pixel experience. I think Lawnchair is totally free. Just like the pixel but with icon pack compatibility.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lawnchair.plah

I am using Action Launcher with my Pixel 2XL.
    I was gonna say, you can use Action Launcher or Nova and basically turn any phone into a Pixel.

Current S10 home screen.
    09-08-2019 09:14 PM
    You can change the bottom layout to be like the pixel lol. It's right there in the settings
    I thought the OP might be referring to hardware buttons
    09-08-2019 09:19 PM
    I've used Google phones since Nexus One and also switched to Note 10. I dont get OP. The hardware and even software is better then my Pixel 3. OS has more features (some very useful), hardware is much better, and phone is faster too, battery lasts much longer. I am looking forward to Pixel 4 but it will be hard to beat the Note
    09-08-2019 09:47 PM
36 12