02-25-2020 03:58 PM
41 12
tools
    Anyone seen to have weaker signals after the update? Mine seem much lower.
    09-05-2019 09:04 PM
    I've noticed that myself. Thought I was the only one. The call quality seems the same from what I can tell but I am rarely at full bars as I was before.

Will have to monitor this in a couple of tough signal areas and see how it does.
    09-05-2019 09:58 PM
    I thought it was just me, too! I've never been at full bars, always half, but now I'm down to a quarter at home. (I live in a small town, close to a large urban area.) When I was in the city today I forgot to look ... will have to do that tomorrow. I still have excellent call quality at home, however.
    09-05-2019 10:23 PM
    I noticed this on my Pixel 3XL as soon as I updated, but I think the new design for how signal strength is displayed is just throwing me off. Before, the signal strength was represented by white with the remainder of the "signal area" greyed out, so it was less noticable. Now the signal strength is white but with a stark outline around the whole icon, so it makes the signal strength look lower IMO. I haven't noticed any performance issues.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-06-2019 01:34 PM
    I noticed this on my Pixel 3XL as soon as I updated, but I think the new design for how signal strength is displayed is just throwing me off. Before, the signal strength was represented by white with the remainder of the "signal area" greyed out, so it was less noticable. Now the signal strength is white but with a stark outline around the whole icon, so it makes the signal strength look lower IMO. I haven't noticed any performance issues.
    I agree. I have the signal check app and the dBm signal strength is exactly the same on my Pixel XL at work and home as it was before.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-06-2019 02:50 PM
    The dBm signal strength is exactly the same on my Pixel XL at work and home as it was before.
    The only true comparison method.
    09-06-2019 06:17 PM
    The only true comparison method.
    Unfortunately the PERFORMANCE tells a different story. My texts are failing, and I am barely able to stream now because of this issue.
    09-10-2019 03:43 PM
    Unfortunately the PERFORMANCE tells a different story. My texts are failing, and I am barely able to stream now because of this issue.
    I have to recant what I posted earlier about this. Although the signal strength seems the same, I too am having performance declines since the update. On the lower floor of my house I can no longer stream through my Sirius app. I have been able to do that for years. I ran a speed test and it dropped to below 1mbps where it used to be 10 or more. This update has definitely done something to the signal.
    Coop61 likes this.
    09-10-2019 10:39 PM
    Highly agree
    Davidoo and Coop61 like this.
    09-11-2019 10:11 AM
    I only noticed a decline in Wifi connectivity. Never had that before the update.
    09-12-2019 12:33 AM
    It's absolutely worse for me. Prior to the 10 update this was hands down the best phone I've ever owned in terms of reception. After the update my wife's iPhone XS Max has better connection in terms of strength and speed and I use to blow her away. It's frustrating, but hoping an upcoming update will fix it.
    09-12-2019 12:52 AM
    It really seems like the pixel 3 line is having lots of issues with updates, especially with the Android 10 update. I have to be honest, I've come super close to pulling the pin on a 3 because of the $300 off sale, but I just don't want to deal with the issues the 3's seem to be having with so many things. I'm just going to wait and see how the 4 stacks up.

I've read the 3's haven't been selling well which is the reason they've had a "permanent" reduction in price. I'm not trying to bash the phones at all, I currently own and daily use an og pixel, and will be owning pixels from here on out, but I do wonder about how much effort Google really put into the 3 series. But then again they've already settled 2 class action lawsuits for the Nexus 6P and the og pixel, so maybe this is the norm for them :O

I really hope they step it up for the 4 ;-)
    09-12-2019 01:05 AM
    Poor LTE and WiFi after like the 4th beta. Not fixed in the final release either.
    09-13-2019 10:02 AM
    Yup I got to agree. I wasn't in the beta's but My WIFI and LTE are worse than they use to be. Hope they fix it.
    09-13-2019 12:19 PM
    Mine mostly shows 2 bars. It used to go to max. Funny thing is I don't see/notice any slow down.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-13-2019 02:10 PM
    Having the same LTE issue. Haven't noticed any performance decline though.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-14-2019 08:11 AM
    Funny thing is that while my 3XL is having WiFi issues, my 3aXL has been flawless. Wish it came in 128GB though!
    09-15-2019 12:35 AM
    Yup I got to agree. I wasn't in the beta's but My WIFI and LTE are worse than they use to be. Hope they fix it.
    My og pixel is getting the exact same strength readings with wifi and LTE as before the update to 10.... and in fact slightly better in some scenarios. But I haven't noticed any real world difference, I tend to think maybe the strength meters are just reading slightly different after the update ;-)
    Coop61 and cindylike24 like this.
    09-18-2019 04:55 AM
    My Carrier Services app from Google was updated last night from the Play Store. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with interface with towers and LTE signal? I restarted my Pixel 3 XL and now it seems my signal at home is more stable again and not jumping from 1 bar to 4 than back down to even zero bars at times. This could have just been temporary, so not declaring anything fixed until I try it when I get home tonight. Can't really tell at work because there is a Verizon transmitter on a street light pole only about a hundred feet away from my office window, so always 5 bars and a dBm level in the -60s here all the time.
    09-20-2019 09:37 AM
    My Carrier Services app from Google was updated last night from the Play Store. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with interface with towers and LTE signal? I restarted my Pixel 3 XL and now it seems my signal at home is more stable again and not jumping from 1 bar to 4 than back down to even zero bars at times. This could have just been temporary, so not declaring anything fixed until I try it when I get home tonight. Can't really tell at work because there is a Verizon transmitter on a street light pole only about a hundred feet away from my office window, so always 5 bars and a dBm level in the -60s here all the time.
    Believe that's mostly to do with RCS and some other carrier features. Most time the radios are updated in the system updates.
    09-21-2019 07:28 PM
    Still poor signal after this update
    09-22-2019 10:30 AM
    Count me in as one of those, "I thought it was just me."

Used to always see "full bar" all white signal strength indicators most of the day - WiFi and LTE (AT&T) - Now one or the other, or both, will be reading less than 100% a few times a day. At its worst, I can't load a web page on LTE. Happened yesterday and I reboot my phone thinking that would be some sort of magic trick. Didn't help.

Here's hoping for some kind of fix in October.
    09-22-2019 05:09 PM
    Unfortunately, still the same after recent SW update.
    09-24-2019 09:52 AM
    Unfortunately, still the same after recent SW update.
    Same here. Still terrible signal on Verizon.
    09-28-2019 08:15 PM
    I'm on a road trip from Colorado Springs currently in the San Diego area and I'm surprised and unhappy about the poor coverage on Google Fi, having zero bars and dropping to 3g in Albuquerque, Phoenix and San Diego. I currently have zero bars and even though it says LTE I have no service. I have no idea if this is part of the update or not, my sons Pixel 3xl on Verizon has been the go to phone when my service disappears.
    10-01-2019 12:59 PM
41 12