Pixel 3a. Worth buying at the moment or wait ?

flippyfloop

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Want to buy a Pixel 3a but wondering if I should hold off as a new Pixel is just around the corner.
Wondering if A, they may also announce a new budget model ?
B, maybe another sale on 3a’s ?
Any thoughts ?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Want to buy a Pixel 3a but wondering if I should hold off as a new Pixel is just around the corner.
Wondering if A, they may also announce a new budget model ?
B, maybe another sale on 3a’s ?
Any thoughts ?

None of that may happen - if you see what you want - buy it!
There will always be I coulda, woulda, shoulda , but didn't moments in life

Just when I thought I'd married the perfect girl - I met her sister - know what I'm saying...

I had a Pixel 3a XL - excellent phone

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I see you are a new user here - welcome to Android Central!

I too am thinking about snagging the Pixel 3. I think it depends on the following:

- do you need the latest and greatest? The 3's Snapdragon will be just as snappy as the Pixel 4's
- if camera experience is important to you, the 3a will still get the job done but the Pixel 4 is supposed to have an impressive camera setup
- if price is a factor, then I'd recommend the 3a - or see if Black Friday/Christmastime will generate deals on the Pixel 4 line
- do you need the latest tech features? The 4 is supposed to have a face unlock whereas the 3a line has a fingerprint scanner (which I prefer, TBH)

In defense of the Pixel 3a line, I've read numerous accounts of users who are absolutely in love with their 3a's. They are snappy, the camera is excellent, and they'll get software updates for a long time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it would definitely be worth it to get the 3a now. Last year's flagships will still be relevant for a very long time, IMO. Any improvements to upcoming iterations are usually incremental and it may be worth it to get a new handset every couple of years. If only I followed my own advice!

Please let us know what you decide - looks like we're all in the same boat!

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Yeah going try it out ,if no go sell it
My pix 3xl traded in , my pixel 2xl needs repair...so this lol

Mine will be here Wed-Thu - 1st time I didn't go for the really quick shipping - I sold/traded my P2 and P3 also - insanity is a lot more fun than they make it out to be - still getting P4XL - will trade P3XL in on that

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine will be here Wed-Thu - 1st time I didn't go for the really quick shipping - I sold/traded my P2 and P3 also - insanity is a lot more fun than they make it out to be - still getting P4XL - will trade P3XL in on that
So you getting the pix 3a ?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

Buy a few phones - sell a few phones - spend a few $$s - no different than fishing or hunting except you don't end up with a bunch of dead things - people who buy different phones - learn how to use/set up those different phones live longer than those who don't - this is so they can pay off those different phones.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hahaha ..Im listening
Buy a few phones - sell a few phones - spend a few $$s - no different than fishing or hunting except you don't end up with a bunch of dead things - people who buy different phones - learn how to use/set up those different live longer than those who don't - this is so they can pay off those different phones.