Replacement Pixel 3 on the way

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well thanks to screen defect that caused the screen to flash white when using Always On display or unlocking the phone, I'm getting a warranty replacement. Here's hoping I never see this problem again. The phone is less than a month old 🙄

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to be Wednesday or Thursday. I had to enroll in the beta to get 10 on this one, wonder what hoops I'll have to jump through to get 10 on the new one. My wife still hasn't gotten 10 on her 3...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to be Wednesday or Thursday. I had to enroll in the beta to get 10 on this one, wonder what hoops I'll have to jump through to get 10 on the new one. My wife still hasn't gotten 10 on her 3...

Keep us posted! Hopefully you get it on time!

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The funny thing is it's not doing it this morning. However it's stopped doing it before too, and I thought maybe it sorted itself out. And then it started doing it again. Yesterday I was typing and it started doing it which was an interesting experience ??????

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
In a plot twist the screen has flashed exactly once in the last day and a half. Meanwhile the replacement device arrives today. I'd waited two weeks for the problem to just "go away" and it's amusing that it's pretending to have done just that now that it's too late. Hopefully it upgrades to 10 immediately cause I wonder how data/settings transfer will go from my existing 10 phone to one running Pie

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
In a plot twist the screen has flashed exactly once in the last day and a half. Meanwhile the replacement device arrives today. I'd waited two weeks for the problem to just "go away" and it's amusing that it's pretending to have done just that now that it's too late. Hopefully it upgrades to 10 immediately cause I wonder how data/settings transfer will go from my existing 10 phone to one running Pie

Phones can be pretty finicky devices when they want to be! Did you get your replacement yesterday - how is it faring?

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It did come yesterday! It's doing great, going to hang on to the original for a day or so as a safety net but so far so good! It looks flawless, like my refurbed Pixel 1 did after I busted the screen on the first one I had...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It did come yesterday! It's doing great, going to hang on to the original for a day or so as a safety net but so far so good! It looks flawless, like my refurbed Pixel 1 did after I busted the screen on the first one I had...

I'm so glad you are enjoying it and that it is working as it should! Yes, hanging on to the original for a few days is a good plan!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11