Google Pixel 3xl keeps restarting on wifi after Android 10 upate

Myra Barnes

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
My phone does this occasionally while on this particular wifi, but after I updated it yesterday, it will NOT work on wifi without restarting itself. Furthermore, when it restarts, it also resets some of the new theme aspects, such as my accent color. Please help. Does not do this on my home wifi. I've talked to my work tech guy, but he is IOS familiar and not as Android familiar. Do I need to downgrade??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try calling Google Customer Support first. (Their CS is one of the reasons I'm sticking with Google - I've run CS departments, and I'm jealous of theirs, they do a fantastic job of helping the customer.)

Myra Barnes

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2852139?hl=en. If not, then some app you installed might be causing instability, caused by incompatibility with Android 10. If it still happens in Safe Mode, then you may have to consider a factory reset (after backing up all of your important data).

I had tried that in the past when it did it several times before. But this time, no new apps...I just installed Android 10 and it won't stop restarting ugh. Never does it at home on that wifi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it's just an app that has been identified as a possible culprit with random reboots on Android 10 -- the developer probably needs to figure out why and patch the app.

Myra Barnes

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Yes. Still restarts itself on this particular wifi. Ugh, I cannot function at work without wifi. I don't have good enough service even for a text, without it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac