I have noticed this on the past few updates. If I don't keep the screen on the update pauses and I have to wake up the phone and hit "resume". The following optimizing apps works fine with the screen timed out but not the download and install part. Anyone else? This is a real pain in the ***, especially with a large update. On all my other phones I could simply start the update and walk away.
    mrpackerguy likes this.
    10-09-2019 09:32 AM
    I have noticed this on the past few updates. If I don't keep the screen on the update pauses and I have to wake up the phone and hit "resume". The following optimizing apps works fine with the screen timed out but not the download and install part. Anyone else? This is a real pain in the ***, especially with a large update. On all my other phones I could simply start the update and walk away.
    Is the phone on battery save mode or data save ?
    10-09-2019 09:37 AM
    Nope, not either
    10-09-2019 10:40 AM
    Mine does that too. Just silly.
    Coop61 likes this.
    10-09-2019 11:04 AM
    I've noticed this on occasion as well. It seems that it happens the first time the screen goes to sleep, but then afterwards it continues, even when the screen goes back to sleep. Is that your experience?
    Davidoo and J Dubbs like this.
    10-09-2019 11:04 AM
    I've noticed this on occasion as well. It seems that it happens the first time the screen goes to sleep, but then afterwards it continues, even when the screen goes back to sleep. Is that your experience?
    no. The install pauses every time the screen goes into sleep
    10-09-2019 01:07 PM
    My pixel 2 also pauses but only once then I hit resume and it’s fine.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-09-2019 01:28 PM
    Out of habit and best practice, I always set the screen timeout to maximum settings (30 min) and plug in the device. I will do this across platforms android, chrome, windows, openVMS ;-) ... etc. I guess I have had one too many experiences of an external loss of power while performing an OS upgrade
    10-09-2019 02:48 PM
    That's exactly what happened when I upgraded. The update continues while it sleeps. Just be patient.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-09-2019 02:49 PM
    Yup. Same here. Also, podcasts pause after a while, whereas my iPhone XS keeps going. Very annoying.
    10-09-2019 04:47 PM
    That's exactly what my phone does as well..... it's not a big deal to me personally though ;-)
    10-11-2019 03:17 AM
    Yep. Mine does it for updating apps. Sometimes software updates. Dumbest thing.
    10-15-2019 06:00 PM