Android updates pause when screen times out....

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this on the past few updates. If I don't keep the screen on the update pauses and I have to wake up the phone and hit "resume". The following optimizing apps works fine with the screen timed out but not the download and install part. Anyone else? This is a real pain in the ***, especially with a large update. On all my other phones I could simply start the update and walk away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have noticed this on the past few updates. If I don't keep the screen on the update pauses and I have to wake up the phone and hit "resume". The following optimizing apps works fine with the screen timed out but not the download and install part. Anyone else? This is a real pain in the ***, especially with a large update. On all my other phones I could simply start the update and walk away.
Is the phone on battery save mode or data save ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this on occasion as well. It seems that it happens the first time the screen goes to sleep, but then afterwards it continues, even when the screen goes back to sleep. Is that your experience?

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed this on occasion as well. It seems that it happens the first time the screen goes to sleep, but then afterwards it continues, even when the screen goes back to sleep. Is that your experience?
no. The install pauses every time the screen goes into sleep

swrk4643

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Out of habit and best practice, I always set the screen timeout to maximum settings (30 min) and plug in the device. I will do this across platforms android, chrome, windows, openVMS ;-) ... etc. I guess I have had one too many experiences of an external loss of power while performing an OS upgrade

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

That's exactly what happened when I upgraded. The update continues while it sleeps. Just be patient.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

That's exactly what my phone does as well..... it's not a big deal to me personally though ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois