Possible switch to Iphone 11. Thoughts?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been a Pixel owner since the 1st generation and currently own the Pixel 3 and have no interest in upgrading to the Pixel 4. Frankly I find the information we currently know about the Pixel 4 to be a bit disappointing.

While I love the overall clean android experience and the amazing camera, I am really put off by how fast the battery drains even with bluetooth and wifi disabled. I've been considering changing to the iPhone 11 (I've used iOS before in the past). Would this be a good idea? I know I'd be sacrificing screen quality but I feel I would definitely get way better battery life. What are some cons of changing from Pixel 3 to iPhone 11? I feel I am missing some information before making the change.

EDIT: Also been looking on Swappa and Ebay and I am unimpressed how Pixel devices do not hold any value at all while iPhones do.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Meh, i sold my Pixel 3 for an iPhone X (got on clearance before they stopped selling them). I upgraded to the P3 (not XL) from an iPhone 7+ and while in terms of Android its great (ive had many androids in past), i just personally find iOS nowadays a better experience for me over android. With that said it doesnt come with Cons, each platform has its Pros and Cons...what i would consider are Android Pros that exist over iOS:

- Google Assistant OS level, sure you can use the app on iOS but its not the same and Siri is still horrible. I honestly have no idea what Apple spends all its Siri $$$ on but it doesnt seem to be closing gap with GA.
- Customization of layout, grind layout of iOS drives some nuts but to me over time i realized i dont care. So while its a benefit to some, i found not having the option to customize the layout makes me not care or think about it.
- More keyboard options, although i prefer iOS stock even more so than Gboard (is it more or has Gboard got worse over time?)
- launchers and icon packs, again customization

Those are my Android Pros, but for me the iOS Pros much more outweigh the Android ones...it all comes down to preference. The moment i stopped getting into the habit i changing phones every 6 months, i stopped caring about needing the latest Android or iOS device. As for battery life, to me iOS even on my 7+ was way better than my P3...and the X is even better than that (i was surprised since it got so much flak for a bad battery optimization).

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to see some good responses. I do love my Pixel 3 but I'm just seeing iOS as a more optimized system. While I love Google assistant it isn't a must have for me. I'm trying to see if I decide on this quickly as Pixel 3 resale value drops so quickly. I see iPhone 8s going for around the same price!

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Why not go for the iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max? I have the 3XL and a 11 Pro Max, the battery on the iPhone will last 2+ days, it's pretty amazing. I'll go all day from 3am to 9pm and still have almost 50% battery. If battery is a main concern for you, this phone blows Google out of the water. Also it has just as good of a camera of not better in some areas. I do love my pixel and Android but if I had to pick, I would take the Pro Max for sure.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Why not go for the iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max? I have the 3XL and a 11 Pro Max, the battery on the iPhone will last 2+ days, it's pretty amazing. I'll go all day from 3am to 9pm and still have almost 50% battery. If battery is a main concern for you, this phone blows Google out of the water. Also it has just as good of a camera of not better in some areas. I do love my pixel and Android but if I had to pick, I would take the Pro Max for sure.

Doesn't the regular 11 have the same camera and better battery life than the pro? Just no telephoto?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been a Pixel owner since the 1st generation and currently own the Pixel 3 and have no interest in upgrading to the Pixel 4. Frankly I find the information we currently know about the Pixel 4 to be a bit disappointing.

While I love the overall clean android experience and the amazing camera, I am really put off by how fast the battery drains even with bluetooth and wifi disabled. I've been considering changing to the iPhone 11 (I've used iOS before in the past). Would this be a good idea? I know I'd be sacrificing screen quality but I feel I would definitely get way better battery life. What are some cons of changing from Pixel 3 to iPhone 11? I feel I am missing some information before making the change.

EDIT: Also been looking on Swappa and Ebay and I am unimpressed how Pixel devices do not hold any value at all while iPhones do.

I agree a lot of the info being posted up about the Pixel 4 appear to be negative. However now that people are getting their Pixels, I am seeing more and more good things about the phone. Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with the iPhone 11. Other than looks, I think it's a solid phone. I thought about getting one myself.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the 11 in (PRODUCT)RED and for the few days I had it the phone was awesome but once I saw the space gray Max I had to have it. The 11 is a great phone and you can’t go wrong getting it or going for the Pro. The Pro Max battery life has been amazing though and I’m super happy with it.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 11 now. I’ve been using Android since the original Droid. The thing that made me switch to iOS was the lack of stability with Google and I’m not talking about software.
It was the constant shutting down services and not having something better to replace it with aka Play Music to Youtube Music, killing off Hangouts, which in my opinion was their chance for their iMessage, Android Message and RCS has taken forever to get anywhere and still not as good as Hangouts, just another example of not having a clear vision from Google.
Apple on the other hand puts out something and instead of abandoning it if it doesn’t work right off the bat will keep working on it to get it where they want it.
Then you have stuff like the eco system. Nothing compares to the Apple Watch. iMessage is on everything, etc.
I do miss the Google Assistant but for what I was using it for Siri does just was good, mainly turning on and off my Hue lights.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I bought the 11 in (PRODUCT)RED and for the few days I had it the phone was awesome but once I saw the space gray Max I had to have it. The 11 is a great phone and you can’t go wrong getting it or going for the Pro. The Pro Max battery life has been amazing though and I’m super happy with it.

Sharp looking phone.