I like the idea of the swipe down on any blank portion of the screen for notifications. I'm thinking of installing from APKMirror but I wondered if anyone has tried it yet, and how it's working.
    10-25-2019 09:22 AM
    I have to admit I used too using the finger print scanner on the 3 xl to swipe down and bring the notifications menu, but this alternative is very good.
    10-25-2019 09:31 AM
    Use an app like Swiftly Switch. 10000000x better than using google gesturing. Changes your whole phone experience.

I set up a quick actions half circle on the right edge of screen, with immediate trigger areas for notification pull down, home screen, back button, last app used toggle, and favorite app shortcut box.

But essentially, I can rest my thumb naturally and easily swipe these actions without stretching my thumb. Set the button areas to immediately trigger with those lightening bolts (that triggers the action before lifting your finger, otherwise it waits to trigger as you lift finger).

You can set the trigger size as wide or tall as you want along the edge. Or both edges, or bottom. There are endless amount of ways you can customize it and its lightening fast.

Anyone Using Pixel 4 Launcher on Their 3?-screenshot_20191025-143411.jpg

Anyone Using Pixel 4 Launcher on Their 3?-2019-10-25_150238.jpg
    Boogr and Apple2Droid like this.
    10-25-2019 02:22 PM
    Use an app like Swiftly Switch. 10000000x better than using google gesturing. Changes your whole phone experience.

I set up a quick actions half circle on the right edge of screen, with immediate trigger areas for notification pull down, home screen, back button, last app used toggle, and favorite app shortcut box.

But essentially, I can rest my thumb naturally and easily swipe these actions without stretching my thumb. Set the button areas to immediately trigger with those lightening bolts (that triggers the action before lifting your finger, otherwise it waits to trigger as you lift finger).

You can set the trigger size as wide or tall as you want along the edge. Or both edges, or bottom. There are endless amount of ways you can customize it and its lightening fast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191025-143411.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	312225

Name:	2019-10-25_150238.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	368.4 KB 
ID:	312226
    You're my new hero - never knew about this app but it works great for me - thanks for posting it.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-25-2019 05:42 PM
    I have to admit I used too using the finger print scanner on the 3 xl to swipe down and bring the notifications menu, but this alternative is very good.
    You know I wish Google would have given the fingerprint scanner on the 3 an added feature. Lets say you're browsing Android Central and you wanna scroll, rather than touching the screen and getting it full of fingerprint smudges you just scroll in either direction on the fingerprint scanner. I personally would have used that feature a lot.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-26-2019 07:46 AM
    You're my new hero - never knew about this app but it works great for me - thanks for posting it.
    No problem, glad it helps. I couldn't imagine not having it, its so useful.

The other game changer is Nova Launcher instead of Google's launcher. Most notably to reduce your app icons to much smaller size, and reduce spacing between them. No more scrolling for ever and ever. My app drawer has 10 icons across, by 13 down the screen. Essentially all on one screen, easy to read and touch.

Plus the other stuff like moving/resizing the search bar, squeezing widgets closer together. I only have 3 windows needed swiping left and right, all because Nova can move things around like a computer desktop. Much more efficient.

Google's launcher is like something from 10 years ago compared to Nova.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-26-2019 09:03 PM
    No problem, glad it helps. I couldn't imagine not having it, its so useful.

The other game changer is Nova Launcher instead of Google's launcher. Most notably to reduce your app icons to much smaller size, and reduce spacing between them. No more scrolling for ever and ever. My app drawer has 10 icons across, by 13 down the screen. Essentially all on one screen, easy to read and touch.

Plus the other stuff like moving/resizing the search bar, squeezing widgets closer together. I only have 3 windows needed swiping left and right, all because Nova can move things around like a computer desktop. Much more efficient.

Google's launcher is like something from 10 years ago compared to Nova.
    Thanks for both of your posts! I had never heard of Swifty Switch but I'll check that out. I used to use Nova launcher but I haven't used it in several years. I was always fine with the Google launcher on my P2. I just got a P3 so I'll try it again once I get used to everything.
    10-29-2019 07:27 PM
    I tried the Pixel 4 launcher on my Pixel 3 XL. It makes the phone app take like 5 seconds to hang up a call. And clearing storage on phone, and uninstalling the Launcher won't fix it. Have to factory reset the phone. Would not recommend you try it.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-31-2019 10:01 AM
    Thanks for both of your posts! I had never heard of Swifty Switch but I'll check that out. I used to use Nova launcher but I haven't used it in several years. I was always fine with the Google launcher on my P2. I just got a P3 so I'll try it again once I get used to everything.
    You're welcome, give Swiftly Switch a try. There are others like it too, but it was the best I found when I started using it on my Pixel 2, and now my Pixel 3.

With Nova Launcher, I mentioned how useful it is too shrink your app icons. No more scrolling multiple windows. Below is all 130 of my apps on 1 window, with labels too. So when I swipe up my app drawer, I can see them all.

I blurred them here for privacy. On my Pixel 3 XL.

Anyone Using Pixel 4 Launcher on Their 3?-screenshot_20191031-204706.jpg
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-31-2019 10:54 PM
    You're welcome, give Swiftly Switch a try. There are others like it too, but it was the best I found when I started using it on my Pixel 2, and now my Pixel 3.

With Nova Launcher, I mentioned how useful it is too shrink your app icons. No more scrolling multiple windows. Below is all 130 of my apps on 1 window, with labels too. So when I swipe up my app drawer, I can see them all.

I blurred them here for privacy. On my Pixel 3 XL.

Name:	Screenshot_20191031-204706.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	312534
    Wow lol about 130 apps
    No performance issues ? Or slow downs ?
    10-31-2019 11:01 PM
    Wow lol about 130 apps
    No performance issues ? Or slow downs ?
    No issues at all. Its still the same app drawer. I set the Drawer App Grid to 12x10.
    The app drawer flips right up from the bottom with one swipe.

Anyone Using Pixel 4 Launcher on Their 3?-screenshot_20191101-000657.jpg
    10-31-2019 11:13 PM
    No issues at all. Its still the same app drawer. I set the Drawer App Grid to 12x10.
    The app drawer flips right up from the bottom with one swipe.

Name:	Screenshot_20191101-000657.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	312537
    Probably if I did that to mine with the amount of apps I have, it look like a folder
    10-31-2019 11:19 PM