Since the November update this week my phone will be sitting there and all the sudden assistant pops on and is listening for input like I triggered it or said "ok Google". Thing is, I don't have that turned on. Anyone else experiencing this?
    11-08-2019 11:03 PM
    Do you have a screen protector on, and is gesture nav on? If so, I'd wonder if it might be sensing some phantom touches around the bottom corners.
    rexxsor likes this.
    11-09-2019 02:43 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on, and is gesture nav on? If so, I'd wonder if it might be sensing some phantom touches around the bottom corners.
    I'm guessing this is what happened. Happens to me too.
    11-09-2019 05:20 AM
    I have this issue also. I do NOT have a screen protector on my phone. I was on break yesterday at work and turned the screen off as I out it in my back pocket. Then at one point I took my phone out my pocket and set it down on the desk at work and out of nowhere the Assistant was on and saying "sure set a timer for how long?" I had never even said anything to my phone, much less anything about a timer.
    11-09-2019 07:26 AM
    Yup, my son and I were leaving the house last night when his Google assistant chimed in with some completely unrelated information in the middle of our conversation about where we were going. We figured something we said something that sounded like OK Google. I've also had Google assistant open on my phone while it was sitting on my desk.
    11-09-2019 08:49 AM
    Yes I have a screen protector but I am not using the new gestures. I'm running Nova Launcher so I'm using the two button nav at the moment.
    11-09-2019 09:38 AM
    I have this issue also. I do NOT have a screen protector on my phone. I was on break yesterday at work and turned the screen off as I out it in my back pocket. Then at one point I took my phone out my pocket and set it down on the desk at work and out of nowhere the Assistant was on and saying "sure set a timer for how long?" I had never even said anything to my phone, much less anything about a timer.
    Yup, my son and I were leaving the house last night when his Google assistant chimed in with some completely unrelated information in the middle of our conversation about where we were going. We figured something we said something that sounded like OK Google. I've also had Google assistant open on my phone while it was sitting on my desk.
    Well good to know it's not just me. I don't use assistant much anyway so I'm tempted to just turn it off but then there will be that one time I want or need it....
    11-09-2019 09:40 AM
    Get ready for the Rise of the Machines..... it's coming ;-)
    11-11-2019 02:26 AM