Swipe Down for Notifications

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Managed to play around with a Pixel 4 XL earlier and found you can swipe down from anywhere on the home screen to bring down notifications.

Will this feature be coming to Pixel 3? Been waiting for a long time for this. Seems like a very simple feature to include.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Managed to play around with a Pixel 4 XL earlier and found you can swipe down from anywhere on the home screen to bring down notifications.

Will this feature be coming to Pixel 3? Been waiting for a long time for this. Seems like a very simple feature to include.
Yes, that feature is also coming to the Pixel 3. The problem is that if you're in an application you can't just swipe down from anywhere within that application to get the notification shade. On previous generations of the pixel phones, you could use the fingerprint scanner to swipe down from any application and get the notification shade. Let's just say that It was a really handy feature!

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes, that feature is also coming to the Pixel 3. The problem is that if you're in an application you can't just swipe down from anywhere within that application to get the notification shade. On previous generations of the pixel phones, you could use the fingerprint scanner to swipe down from any application and get the notification shade. Let's just say that It was a really handy feature!

Nice, looking forward to it. Thanks for the confirmation.

I've been using the fingerprint swipe down. However, sometimes I find it unresponsive. Also, much faster and more consistent to swipe down from home screen.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Nice, looking forward to it. Thanks for the confirmation.

I've been using the fingerprint swipe down. However, sometimes I find it unresponsive. Also, much faster and more consistent to swipe down from home screen.
I mean I can understand that. I'll try to swipe down from the home screen too it's just that it doesn't work when you're in an application. I like to Swype down from the fingerprint gesture because it works no matter where you are in the phone.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been swiping down for notifications on my Pixel 3 home screen since the day I got it. Don't really understand the post.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been swiping down for notifications on my Pixel 3 home screen since the day I got it. Don't really understand the post.
And to be honest with you, I don't quite understand the point of this thread as well, but just trying to be helpful.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the new feature is that you don't have to swipe down from the TOP of the screen, but anywhere on the screen. Even with my large hands it can be difficult to reach the top the screen on my XL.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site

I meant anywhere on your home screen. So you don't have to stretch your thumb just to reach the top.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
I am seriously just asking about a simple feature which I find very useful.

I can go Nova launcher for it, but I still prefer Pixel launcher on my Pixel device.

You can basically swipe up from any spot on home screen to bring up app drawer. Should make sense to have the same for swiping down notifications.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Nova launcher has had this for a long time. I had forgot it wasn't a stock feature. You can create swipes or double taps for just about any type of action or shortcut.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nova launcher has had this for a long time. I had forgot it wasn't a stock feature. You can create swipes or double taps for just about any type of action or shortcut.
Your correct , but if want keep the stock launcher this is way to go.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep yep, most third-party launchers have supported swipe down anywhere on home screen for the notification shade for a long time. Pixel launcher just got it though!