For those of you that hold on to your devices longer than a year, do you replace your battery at some point? I think UbreakIFix charges around $80 to replace battery for Pixel 3.

Is that price tag even worth it? I don't have much interest in the Pixel 4 as i enjoy the fingerprint sensor.

I'm not sure there is a way to check how healthy the current battery is...
    11-15-2019 06:28 PM
    I found going through battery replacement on my prior Moto XPE was not worth it. Battery performance was only slightly improved.
    11-15-2019 07:19 PM
    For those of you that hold on to your devices longer than a year, do you replace your battery at some point? I think UbreakIFix charges around $80 to replace battery for Pixel 3.

Is that price tag even worth it? I don't have much interest in the Pixel 4 as i enjoy the fingerprint sensor.

Yeah it's worth it for that price, this link for battery health checker.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm
    11-15-2019 08:54 PM
    Accubattery also has a battery health option. I'm going on closer to a year of having the device and an at 97 percent on battery health. Still get 5 hours or more of screen on time per charge.

Have never replaced a battery. Usually I'm at the 2 to 3 year mark before it starts being super noticable on not holding a charge.
    11-15-2019 10:52 PM
    you might want to see if there is a youtube video on replacing the battery. maybe you can make it even cheaper if you could do it yourself. otherwise, imo, it is really not worth replacing the battery.
    11-15-2019 10:58 PM
    You can ask Google assistant "what's wrong with my battery" and she'll check your battery health. Her response is kinda vague- for me she's always said, "your battery looks fine." and then she tries to see what the problem is.
    11-16-2019 02:18 AM
    Screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Worth to replace battery?-1830.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    11-16-2019 02:18 AM
    Screenshot
    I suppose it has different descriptions. I just wish I knew what it meant.

Fine = above 90% health?

Definitely vague. I’ll try some of the apps mentioned.
    11-16-2019 08:52 AM
    If you keep to 45%/99%, the battery should last at least a few years. If you keep dropping it down to 20% or less, it won't. (And if you keep dropping it to 0% [which some people do], it won't last more than a few months.)
    Laura Knotek, J Dubbs and FF22 like this.
    11-17-2019 02:46 PM

I have a 2015 MXPE that I retired when I bought my pixel, but I still use it to sync my Fitbit to, and keep it updated and charged and use it once in awhile because I like it. Like Rukbat suggested I never ran it down super low, kept it topped off, and the battery still lasts almost as long as brand new, there's not enough of a difference to matter.

I do that with all my devices and I always upgrade before I have any battery issues..... and I normally keep my phones 3+ years before upgrading. You have a lot more control than you realize over the lifespan of your batteries ;-)
    Laura Knotek, ezdoit and FF22 like this.
    11-18-2019 01:39 AM