December Update is out

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The update is, but they haven't posted the factory images yet, so I'll wait. (I prefer flashing the factory image with no wipe - it's actually easier if you're running TWRP and Magisk.)

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Updating now. Android Police is saying we get Live Captions, Gesture Navigation with third party launchers, the new Styles and Wallpaper theming, and swipe down gesture for notifications. In this update.

UPDATE: I can confirm all above but Pixel Launcher crashes under full gesture navigation. Two and Three button work fine. I set Action Launcher to Full Gestures and Pixel Launcher will crash again...hmmm

UPDATE2: I found out if you select uninstall updates on Pixel Launcher app the crashing stops and full gesture work again. Third Party too.

App and Notifications/All Apps/Pixel Launcher/3 dots in upper right corner/Uninstall Updates

Last edited:

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Updating now. Android Police is saying we get Live Captions, Gesture Navigation with third party launchers, the new Styles and Wallpaper theming, and swipe down gesture for notifications. In this update.

UPDATE: I can confirm all above but Pixel Launcher crashes under full gesture navigation. Two and Three button work fine. I set Action Launcher to Full Gestures and Pixel Launcher will crash again...hmmm

UPDATE2: I found out if you select uninstall updates on Pixel Launcher app the crashing stops and full gesture work again. Third Party too.

App and Notifications/All Apps/Pixel Launcher/3 dots in upper right corner/Uninstall Updates

Thought it was just me. Have also managed to uninstall updates for Pixel Launcher and confirmed it seems to have resolved the crashing issue.

Is the problem due to installing the app from package? I installed the APK having the swipe down from anywhere in the home screen prior to the update.

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The update is, but they haven't posted the factory images yet, so I'll wait. (I prefer flashing the factory image with no wipe - it's actually easier if you're running TWRP and Magisk.)

I am the same way and was able to download full image.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Notifications (not silent ones) not showing on top of the screen. They only appear when I pull down the notifications.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
3rd party launcher gestures back..... About time! But happy they are none the less. No issues with crashes or updates with Pixel Launcher. All good so far on the 3xl

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it just my imagination or has the Always On Display/Lockscreen Clock shrunk a little with this update? I could swear it was a bit bigger yesterday

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I am really liking being able to use Nova Launcher again with the gesture support. I like the pixel launcher but I do like getting rid of the search bar and making my screen grid smaller.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am really liking being able to use Nova Launcher again with the gesture support. I like the pixel launcher but I do like getting rid of the search bar and making my screen grid smaller.
Did you have to uninstall updates to the pixel launcher? I tried action launcher out last night and I was having weird issues. I might need to try again. Trouble is I'm so used to the pixel launcher it's going to be weird switching

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
No, I did not uninstall any updates to the Pixel Launcher.

I'm also finding that I'm so used to the Pixel Launcher and it's simplicity that I may switch back.
Did you have to uninstall updates to the pixel launcher? I tried action launcher out last night and I was having weird issues. I might need to try again. Trouble is I'm so used to the pixel launcher it's going to be weird switching

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey