Hi all,

I had my 3XL screen replaced today at IbreakUfix. Screen replacement looks great, phone works fine. I got home and went to plug it into the charger and noticed that the charging port is now a copper colored port, not black like the surrounding frame.

My first thought is that the tech broke the port when replacing the screen so I called them. The guy that answered is the tech that repaired my phone. I complimented him on the repair and said the phone looks great and works fine. I then asked him if he had to replace the charging port because now it is a different color. He said "no, I had to remove it as part of the screen repair but the port in the phone is the port that it came in here with". I said that's odd, it's not a big deal, are you sure you didn't replace it? He again said no and I politely ended the conversation.

Maybe the charging port did change color over time and I hadn't noticed because it's usually in a case. This phone is about 6 months old. I ask a favor of other Black 3XL owners to let me know if their ports have changed color too.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't matter that much to me about the color but I don't like being lied to and I also want to go on record with Fi and report it in case there is a charging issue down the road.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any comments.

Boxer2
    12-28-2019 04:10 PM
    Interesting, I have had my pixel 3 xl for 3 weeks (Google refurbished) and sure enough, the front of the port starting to get "copper" like color. Like couple scratches like but does look like the black painting is fading/peeling away slowly?

Note: 1st time ever looking in there. Thanks for getting that started lol
    12-28-2019 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I guess the paint wears off at a faster rate than the other metal on the frame.

The color is dark red/brown which looks like copper that is beginning to oxidize.
    12-28-2019 08:05 PM
    Let's see what others reply with. As I said, never looked at it before. Yours charges just fine I assume?
    12-28-2019 08:31 PM
    Yes the phone seems to be charging okay and rapid charge works too.
    12-29-2019 09:22 AM