Default notification sound.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Somehow my default notification sound is no longer working. I checked the settings and the sound file is in place, the sound application shows the same sound file in notifications, but it won't sound off when I receive a notification. I do get notifications from my mail account and my messages account but they are set individually somehow my default notification sound is no longer working. I checked the settings and the sound file is in place, the sound application shows the same sound file in notifications, but it won't sound off when I receive an notification. I do get notifications from my mail account and my messages account but they are set individually. What could be wrong?. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you change your default notification sound to one of the preinstalled tones? Do all apps that use the default tone use that tone?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I deleted the sound file that I had been using from Zedge. The field now contains a file number that I can't hear. Where are the notifications shipped with the Pixel? I can't empty the field. The name of the file is 18919. Where is that file?

Last edited:

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Once again Mr Diddy, you solved my problem. You are my hero. I didn't understand that after clicking on the DEFAULT NOTIFICATION that I had to select a file from the Sound File. When I looked at the Sound file, I saw the file name in the top line and assumed it was active. Dumb me . Thanks for being so helpful.