Volume key taking photos.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to move the rocker action to something else (like Zoom) and then move 'back' to Shutter? Does it only fail in landscape?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So the issue is not with the volume rocker but, when you're taking pictures in portrait, if you move your phone to landscape it switches to video mode instead of just flipping the picture? Have you tried switching back to Picture, exiting the camera, and trying again (wondering if it 'remembers' which mode you used for both portrait and landscape)?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've tried all variations. The volume key works perfectly for portrait. I then delete the photo and try the landscape mode for the same photo but it displays as a video when viewing.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Do you happen to have motion settings on?

That's what's strange about this. The settings do not change when I move the camera to landscape. It doesn't change after the photo is taken. It's weird and joins the other camera problem of the TAKE A PICTURE command Refusing to work in the landscape mode. The camera switches to portrait involuntarily.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know then. Mine works in either landscape or portrait orientation.

And the take a selfie command works from the assistant.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know then. Mine works in either landscape or portrait orientation.

And the take a selfie command works from the assistant.

Your right. I didn't know that you had to use the word SELFI in place of PICTURE. It works perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech