Lock screen display

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Where can I find this on my pixel 3?

Open your phone's Settings app.

Tap Display  Advanced  Lock screen display  Lock screen message.

Enter your message, like info that would help someone return your phone if you lost it.

Open your phone's Settings app.
Tap Display And then Advanced And then Lock screen display And then Lock screen message.
Enter your message, like info that would help someone return your phone if you lost it.
Tap Save

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about the Pixel but in other devices running Android 10 you can change that message in settings - security & lock screen - tap the cog icon close to 'Screen lock' and select 'Lock screen message'. Worth a try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's strange that your phone tends to do these odd things without it being modified in any way. I wish I could have it in my hands to troubleshoot.:-\

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's strange that your phone tends to do these odd things without it being modified in any way. I wish I could have it in my hands to troubleshoot.:-\

I know. It's very frustrating for me but in the past I have been very lucky to have this newsgroup, especially you, to help me resolve my problems which was, in most cases, was user error. Early on, when I bought the phone, I had strange, annoying but not critical, problems, that indicated that a reinstall MIGHT resolve. I opted not to reinstall. I've worked with this and can live with it until if and when I get a new phone. Thanks again.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I know. It's very frustrating for me but in the past I have been very lucky to have this newsgroup, especially you, to help me resolve my problems which was, in most cases, was user error. Early on, when I bought the phone, I had strange, annoying but not critical, problems, that indicated that a reinstall MIGHT resolve. I opted not to reinstall. I've worked with this and can live with it until if and when I get a new phone. Thanks again.

Why don't you post screen shots of as you go through the steps. I don't see how your phone could be the only one with out this option.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My safe mode instructions do not work. What am I doing wrong? Also when you want to attach a screenshot when you are responding to a post, hit the paper clip and go to either ALBUM or Files IMAGES and click on the file to be attached..I don't have the paper clip showing.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which way are you trying to activate Safe Mode? While the phone is on, press the Power button to bring up the onscreen power options. Then long-press the Power Off option until you see the message about Safe Mode appear.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What about this? Open the settings, tap the magnifying glass top right, type 'Lock screen' and see which options you get.
Screenshot_20200217-170316.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech