Can't get USB file transfer working between windows 10 and Pixel XL3?

JaaayJ

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I can not work out how to USB file transfer working.. and as android changes so fast all the google searches give me instructions that do not apear to work on my system. My phone is all updated.

Basically when I plug the USB into the phone and the PC it starts to charge... but windows gives me a "not recognised error".

Now all the instructions on google tell me to click the notification for the USB and select MTP... but there IS NO NOTIFICATION TO CLICK ON. Also, I have trued searching the setting for USB, Transfer, MTP... and I just can not find anything to set. Basically nothing I find with google matches the menus I see in my Android.

I have a google pixel XL3 and should be running the latest stock andoird.

Thanks I hope that is enough info and you can help me out.

Cheets

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, try a different cable. Your phone should've come with a USB-C to USB-A adapter, so try using that with any good USB-A cable.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It no longer shows any icon on notification bar. But if you swipe it down, you will see a notification from Android System about USB. Tap on it, you will get to choose USB mode.

Alternatively, you can also go into Settings app and search for USB and you will get to the same location.

Your photos and videos are already synced to Google Photos cloud. I found it is unnecessary to connect phone to PC via USB anymore (other than occasional charging).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie