So what are people thinking about thePixel 5 rumors?

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I couldn't find a forum for this topic yet so. What are people thinking about the Pixel 5 rumors?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I couldn't find a forum for this topic yet so. What are people thinking about the Pixel 5 rumors?
Honestly, for me, if the pixel 5's aren't flagships but have pretty good specs plus 5G, I will definitely consider it! I'm definitely looking forward to the pixel 5's, being launched.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting a Pixel 5 thread! I am very excited for the Pixel 5's launch. I miss the Pixel experience but wasn't excited to jump on the Pixel 4. I'm hoping the price will be good

With regards to software, whether it's midrange or not may not really be an issue for me. If it's smooth and fast and the camera is awesome, I'm set! I hope it has a fingerprint sensor of some kind, though.

I've seen some mixed leaks about images of the device and otherwise don't know too much about it (other than the other rumour that it might be a midrange model).

I hope we find out more about this device soon!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah, the only thing I didn't like about the Nexus line and I had quite a few Nexus phones was the fact that the camera sucked. With the Pixel line Google got with it with the image processing and machine learning and the algorithms and the pictures are top-notch. That's why I would consider the mid-range Pixel 5 XL.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah, the only thing I didn't like about the Nexus line and I had quite a few Nexus phones was the fact that the camera sucked. With the Pixel line Google got with it with the image processing and machine learning and the algorithms and the pictures are top-notch. That's why I would consider the mid-range Pixel 5 XL.

I LOVED my Nexus 5 and that was one reason why I got a Pixel 2.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The uproar over the Pixel 5 "not being a flagship" just because it doesn't have an 800 series Snapdragon could very well be jumping to a conclusion way too quickly. Many people have noted that the Pixel 3a line hardly seems any slower than the main Pixel 3 line, so if things are optimized correctly, then a Pixel 5 using a 765G could feel just like any other flagship (and hopefully with better battery life to boot).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh I agree. I mean the fact that the Pixel 3A series doesn't have the flagship Snapdragon processor doesn't mean anything. The phone performs almost identical to its bigger brother. That's my major point here. Stock Google Pixel phones don't need to have the latest processor inside of them to have a great experience

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So if pixel 5 doesn't have flagship specs, how would that be different than Pixel 4a?

Asking for a friend.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If One Plus can have latest chips and keep the price down so can the rest , they pushing 5G which isn't ready yet .

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
If the pixel comes out this year and addresses some of its shortcomings then yeah I will be excited.

I really would love it if the pixel had a huge battery and if they brought back a fingerprint scanner on the back.

Keep the size reasonable and the price $800 or less and I might buy one.

jshaas2

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree. However, I'm probably one of those that would not be interested in less horsepower in a Pixel. I jumped over from years of being with Motorola, and watched them flounder for anything that would set them apart in the mobile device space. Not every user is a power user, but many want to know it is there if they put their foot on the pedal. An under-powered phone can be a headache. For me, the reason for Pixel is software and a good software/hardware experience. However, I would much rather them come out with one size, and then a Pixel 5 Pro and a Pixel 5---same size. One with different ram and processor if needed. My two cents.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If the pixel comes out this year and addresses some of its shortcomings then yeah I will be excited.

I really would love it if the pixel had a huge battery and if they brought back a fingerprint scanner on the back.

Keep the size reasonable and the price $800 or less and I might buy one.

I could get behind a phone like this. I can't ever buy a 6.7" phone - it won't fit in my hands, in my purse, or in my life! I hope that Google will release a smaller and larger Pixel 5. OnePlus 8 was going to be on my list but those sizes are too big for me.

Andrew ONeill

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So if pixel 5 doesn't have flagship specs, how would that be different than Pixel 4a?

Asking for a friend.

5G, premium build, face unlock with Soli, better cameras/extra lens, more RAM, faster UFS 3.1 storage, better display and higher end SoC are some of the ways they can differentiate between a mid-range Pixel 4a and premium mid-range 5/5XL.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm in between a rock and a hard place as a Pixel 2 owner. I can handle the performance of the 765G. But that chip means certain features are off the table. No 90+Hz display. No 4K @60fps. A slower max 5G speed. Another way less than flagship display too? The price matters to me. Whether or not there's a fingerprint scanner matters to me. Battery life matters to me.

I have always had a Nexus/Pixel device with the exception of the OG Galaxy and the Moto X. It's always been software and security updates that I care about more than the aforementioned stuff. But if Google prices the Pixel 5 like the Pixel 4, I guess I'll be walking around with an out of date Pixel 2. I felt like the Pixel 2 was worth the money. But $900 for a Pixel 4 is just insulting to me. There's no way I'm paying that for an upper midrange processor lacking so many features that frankly are so 2018.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
To correct myself, I looked more into the processor and I see support up to 120Hz so that make some feel better about it. I just want to see Pixel 2 starting prices if we're looking at a sub 6" device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy