Google camera switching to portrait mode

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anyone's realize this, but recently on the Pixel 3's, when you go into the camera, and then toggle to portrait mode, it takes a few seconds. With the latest April update it's gotten smoother though but just want to throw it out there.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
The faster, the better, though. One second can still be enough to miss an opportunity for a great shot.;)

So true. Freshly opened camera app can take even longer. Mine can sometimes take 3 seconds or so to switch between shooting modes.

3 seconds or more leads to missed opportunities. Or your subject no longer willing to pose and smile. Haha

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So true. Freshly opened camera app can take even longer. Mine can sometimes take 3 seconds or so to switch between shooting modes.

3 seconds or more leads to missed opportunities. Or your subject no longer willing to pose and smile. Haha
oh yeah absolutely That's what I was talking about. Sometimes when I open my camera app it could take quite a few seconds to switch and toggle between shooting mode. And you could lose an opportunity to take a great shot. That seems to be a bit faster, and smoother.