Pixel 3a in mid-2020?

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi team Pixel 3a!

Have recommended the Pixel 3a to my aunt since she needs a smart phone. It has a good discount at the moment and Pixel 4a is just taking too long.

Been using a Pixel 3 since launch (Nov 2018) and been very pleased with it (besides the so-so battery life). No idea how the Pixel 3a has held up in comparison, so wanted to get some input.

How is the Pixel 3a performance after a year or so? Battery life and software/UI speed still good?

Thanks!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I can't comment on a year in, but my wife has been using hers since February and loves it. It's still smooth and snappy after several monthly updates & feature drops. Battery life is decent, no complaints there if you are not a power user. For most folks I think the battery life will be just fine. For heavy gamers or heavy movie watching it might be different.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the response all! My gut tells me it is still a great buy, especially at a discount.

Hope my aunt will find the Pixel 3a amazing. She's been using an iPod touch mostly plus an Amazon tablet, but this will actually be her first smartphone.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that the 3a line has held up well! I think the entire Pixel 3 line has been quite future-proof. I'd still grab the 3a today if I could! I actually prefer the entire 3 line to the 4 line.

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
Mine has held up well after a year of owning it. Performance is still rock solid.

The 64gb of storage is the only thing that concerns me a bit going forward but I can manage. I don't have an urge to get another phone anytime soon.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine has held up well after a year of owning it. Performance is still rock solid.

The 64gb of storage is the only thing that concerns me a bit going forward but I can manage. I don't have an urge to get another phone anytime soon.

I’ve downloaded Android 11 beta to mine and it’s running like a top.

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
My aunt's Pixel 3a Purple-ish just arrived today.

Feeling good about my recommendation thanks to all your responses. Appreciate it.

Have a great day all!

Last edited:

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve been using the Pixel 3a today since changing out the SIM from my V30 and I love it so far.

It is a great phone, been using mine since June 2019. It has held up well overtime. I was thinking of getting the 4a to replace it since Google Fi has it for $216 at $9 a month. Other than the screen I don't think the upgrade would be worth it. Maybe the 5a next year.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
It is a great phone, been using mine since June 2019. It has held up well overtime. I was thinking of getting the 4a to replace it since Google Fi has it for $216 at $9 a month. Other than the screen I don't think the upgrade would be worth it. Maybe the 5a next year.

How do you like Google Fi service and coverage?

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
How do you like Google Fi service and coverage?

Overall I like it, have not had any service issues since signing up. I have found a few rural areas where there is no coverage, I was previously on AT&T. I primarily stay on tmobile and switch to Sprint as I leave a highly populated area. Coverage is good in like 90% of the areas I usually go. Definitely check t-mobile coverage in your area if interested

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Overall I like it, have not had any service issues since signing up. I have found a few rural areas where there is no coverage, I was previously on AT&T. I primarily stay on tmobile and switch to Sprint as I leave a highly populated area. Coverage is good in like 90% of the areas I usually go. Definitely check t-mobile coverage in your area if interested

Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante