YouTube Music won't autostart in my car?

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I transferred music bc apparently Google Play Music is going away at the end of the year and I'm already sad with YTM. When I get in my car, I have to press play on my phone for music to start. It's a first world problem and I hate it.... a lot. Are there any apps I can move my playlists to that will autoplay when I get in my car and I don't have to physically press "play"?

I tried to download Bluetooth Connect and Play and it does a whole lot of nothing.

I might add my car is a 2012 so I'm hoping it's not a car problem and this can be remedied without buying a new ride. Those can be expensive.

Thanks for all suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not sure. It's been a while since I used Bluetooth to connect a music app to my car system, since I just use my system's own Spotify.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting when connecting to Bluetooth but it depends on the device and app.

OK Maybe I just need to research it more. I just never had a problem w/ Google Play Music and no settings have ever had to be tinkered w/ so I guess I just need to research the process more. Maybe I could utilize Tasker but that just seems silly to have to do it. If that's my ticket to success then so be it.

Thanks for the info.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My wife's phone does the same thing with the Uconnect system in her Jeep, auto starts playing the last playlist / queue in Play Music. We did convert her music to YT Music but she is going to keep using Play Music until Google shuts it down permanently. Then I'll just re-transfer her library to YT Music again, the transfer page stated that we could do that as many times as necessary.

I think Play Music was just coded to do this based on the type of Bluetooth system you connect to. Her phone doesn't auto play when connected to a Bluetooth speaker or headset, but does auto play when connected to the Uconnect system.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I've seen more posts where people complain about autoplaying than people who like the feature, so I wonder if Google took away that behavior based on feedback.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I've seen more posts where people complain about autoplaying than people who like the feature, so I wonder if Google took away that behavior based on feedback.

People complain about this? That's something I figured everyone would want. Guess I'm building some character or finding another app that can do this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
People complain about this? That's something I figured everyone would want.

Yep, I remember seeing complaints about it. People don't always want their car to start playing music immediately upon starting the car up (especially if the volume was already set to a high level). It'd be nice if there were some option to toggle this on or off.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
People complain about this? That's something I figured everyone would want. Guess I'm building some character or finding another app that can do this.
I don't want my music to start automatically but there's obviously nothing wrong with that if it's what you like.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't want my music to start automatically but there's obviously nothing wrong with that if it's what you like.

Yeah, guess I'm the odd one here. I just like it starting where I left off rather than pull my phone out of my pocket and doing it on my own. Then again, I don't listen to anything other than music in my car so there's no reason for me to want anything else lol