So I transferred music bc apparently Google Play Music is going away at the end of the year and I'm already sad with YTM. When I get in my car, I have to press play on my phone for music to start. It's a first world problem and I hate it.... a lot. Are there any apps I can move my playlists to that will autoplay when I get in my car and I don't have to physically press "play"?

I tried to download Bluetooth Connect and Play and it does a whole lot of nothing.

I might add my car is a 2012 so I'm hoping it's not a car problem and this can be remedied without buying a new ride. Those can be expensive.

Thanks for all suggestions.
    07-01-2020 06:59 PM
    Hi mookie!
    I'm not aware of of auto playing while u get in the car maybe Andriod Auto? @B. Diddy any suggestions?
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    07-02-2020 12:17 AM
    Hi mookie!
    I'm not aware of of auto playing while u get in the car maybe Andriod Auto? @B. Diddy any suggestions?
    There is a setting when connecting to Bluetooth but it depends on the device and app.
    07-02-2020 01:28 AM
    Sorry, I'm not sure. It's been a while since I used Bluetooth to connect a music app to my car system, since I just use my system's own Spotify.
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    07-02-2020 02:11 AM
    Hi mookie!
    Unfortunately Android Auto isn't available in my car so that isn't an option. It is top priority in my next car though. Wife has it in her's and it is wonderful!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-02-2020 08:31 AM
    There is a setting when connecting to Bluetooth but it depends on the device and app.
    OK Maybe I just need to research it more. I just never had a problem w/ Google Play Music and no settings have ever had to be tinkered w/ so I guess I just need to research the process more. Maybe I could utilize Tasker but that just seems silly to have to do it. If that's my ticket to success then so be it.

Thanks for the info.
    07-02-2020 08:33 AM
    My wife's phone does the same thing with the Uconnect system in her Jeep, auto starts playing the last playlist / queue in Play Music. We did convert her music to YT Music but she is going to keep using Play Music until Google shuts it down permanently. Then I'll just re-transfer her library to YT Music again, the transfer page stated that we could do that as many times as necessary.

I think Play Music was just coded to do this based on the type of Bluetooth system you connect to. Her phone doesn't auto play when connected to a Bluetooth speaker or headset, but does auto play when connected to the Uconnect system.
    07-02-2020 08:44 AM
    To be honest, I've seen more posts where people complain about autoplaying than people who like the feature, so I wonder if Google took away that behavior based on feedback.
    07-02-2020 11:53 AM
    To be honest, I've seen more posts where people complain about autoplaying than people who like the feature, so I wonder if Google took away that behavior based on feedback.
    People complain about this? That's something I figured everyone would want. Guess I'm building some character or finding another app that can do this.
    07-02-2020 03:10 PM
    I'm not aware
    07-02-2020 03:14 PM
    People complain about this? That's something I figured everyone would want.
    Yep, I remember seeing complaints about it. People don't always want their car to start playing music immediately upon starting the car up (especially if the volume was already set to a high level). It'd be nice if there were some option to toggle this on or off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-02-2020 04:00 PM
    People complain about this? That's something I figured everyone would want. Guess I'm building some character or finding another app that can do this.
    I don't want my music to start automatically but there's obviously nothing wrong with that if it's what you like.
    07-02-2020 07:08 PM
    I don't want my music to start automatically but there's obviously nothing wrong with that if it's what you like.
    Yeah, guess I'm the odd one here. I just like it starting where I left off rather than pull my phone out of my pocket and doing it on my own. Then again, I don't listen to anything other than music in my car so there's no reason for me to want anything else lol
    07-03-2020 07:42 AM
    Try putting you the app in car mode or alternatively you can use Spotify.
    09-24-2020 05:15 AM