Popup on bottom of Pixel 3 XL screen

tacrites

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Some apps either while in the app or when I leave the app put a pop up on the bottom of my Pixel 3 XL phone screen. Screenshot below show the screen after I left an application. This pop up times out after awhile but sometime gets in the way of typing. Does anyone know how to turn off this option?

Attachments

• 2022-01-07_7-33-53.jpg
    2022-01-07_7-33-53.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 24

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There's no easy way to remove that toast, you'll probably need root to do it. The time it stays on the screen can be changed in 'Time to take action' in the Accessibility settings. See which option you have selected.

tacrites

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well that sucks. :-/ Seems kind of crazy there isn't an option to turn that off. Especially since sometime it pops up and covers the space bar of my keyboard when I want to type. I can type through the 'toast', but it does cover my space bar and I have to guess where to tap.

This must be one of the two 'features' on Android that isn't an option to turn off! I did change the time to 10 seconds so we'll see how that works out.

Well, if nothing else at least I learned this it call 'toast'. Between that, and now knowing I can't turn it off, at least I will be able to sleep at night.

Was this 'feature' added in a recent version of Android because it has only recently started annoying me.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Those toast messages have been around for a long time. Many apps use them for different kinds on notifications, even error messages. For example, the app I use for this forum (ACF) shows them every time I mark a thread as read.

Usually I keep that value as Default.
Screenshot_20220107-203042.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well that sucks. :-/ Seems kind of crazy there isn't an option to turn that off. Especially since sometime it pops up and covers the space bar of my keyboard when I want to type. I can type through the 'toast', but it does cover my space bar and I have to guess where to tap.

This must be one of the two 'features' on Android that isn't an option to turn off! I did change the time to 10 seconds so we'll see how that works out.

Well, if nothing else at least I learned this it call 'toast'. Between that, and now knowing I can't turn it off, at least I will be able to sleep at night.

Was this 'feature' added in a recent version of Android because it has only recently started annoying me.
I like to see options to be able turn it off in accessibility in future, you can set delay but not off .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes