3a problem charging

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
My wife's 2 year old 3A seems to have a charging problem. I've cleaned the port the cord plugs into numerous times but it's still very flaky charging when plugged in and turned on. Funny thing is as soon as you turn it off while still plugged in all the sudden it DOES charge?
The phone has not gotten wet.

I know it's a few models out of date but kinda sucks we need to think about a new phone just cuz of this charging problem.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean by flaky?

I mean you plug it in, nothing happens, sometimes putting the cord in the other way works, other times it doesn't work either way. Sometimes you plug it in and you hear the notification that it's charging, then it doesn't, then you hear the sound over and over like an intermittent connection. Flaky.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have tried numerous cables and chargers, no difference.
Haven't tried it in safe mode, that's a bit of a hassle to do every time you want to charge it.

Safe Mode would be a troubleshooting step, not a solution. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, that would suggest something you installed is interfering. It's unlikely, but worth testing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mean you plug it in, nothing happens, sometimes putting the cord in the other way works, other times it doesn't work either way. Sometimes you plug it in and you hear the notification that it's charging, then it doesn't, then you hear the sound over and over like an intermittent connection. Flaky.
Probably need to replace your usb port

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried different outlets, just to be sure?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781