Pixel 3 Lite ???

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not going to happen though. It may come in at the same price at 6T best case but doubt it'll be lesser than that. And as usual the same debate of it's over priced will go on forever. Repeat next year same argument
Lol, Ron... He has a point, tho..

NexusRefugee

Nov 23, 2018
Visit site
Nexus priced, more or less Nexus specc'd? Yes, I'll buy it day one.

I'm the one in a thousand apparently who can't get past the OLED lack of sharpness compared to a similar resolution lcd. I don't care about perfect color gamut, power savings, or absolute blacks, I care about text sharpness.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Nexus priced, more or less Nexus specc'd? Yes, I'll buy it day one.

I'm the one in a thousand apparently who can't get past the OLED lack of sharpness compared to a similar resolution lcd. I don't care about perfect color gamut, power savings, or absolute blacks, I care about text sharpness.

Interesting. This is the first time I've ever heard someone say that an OLED screen lacked sharpness.

NexusRefugee

Nov 23, 2018
Visit site
This is not necessarily the best example, but it illustrates the point.

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LCDvsAMOLED.jpg

See the discrete colors on the fringes of round surfaces on the OLED? Depending on where it is in the arc you'll see red or green on the fringes. That doesn't happen on LCD.

Also, yes, LCD has three subpixels for each pixel. Pentile AMOLED, which is every AMOLED nowadays, though it doesn't have to be, has two subpixels for every pixel. It literally only has 2/3 the information for a given resolution.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is not necessarily the best example, but it illustrates the point.

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LCDvsAMOLED.jpg

See the discrete colors on the fringes of round surfaces on the OLED? Depending on where it is in the arc you'll see red or green on the fringes. That doesn't happen on LCD.

Also, yes, LCD has three subpixels for each pixel. Pentile AMOLED, which is every AMOLED nowadays, though it doesn't have to be, has two subpixels for every pixel. It literally only has 2/3 the information for a given resolution.

I don't see a difference under normal conditions.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
32 GB internal storage is very bad in 2018 even for mid ranger. They should have put 64 GB and would have been fine. But with 32 GB it's hard to recommend IMO.
As far I know based on rumors there will be only that sku and no other storage options.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
A small rant..

Let me say this too... If this thing actually turns out to be true and come to market sometime in the spring on 2019, whoever is supposedly over security for Google's phones needs to be let go. The security leaks for the Pixel 3 were months in advance and their security was like water through a sieve.

If it happens again for this device somebody GOTTA GO!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
A small rant..

Let me say this too... If this thing actually turns out to be true and come to market sometime in the spring on 2019, whoever is supposedly over security for Google's phones needs to be let go. The security leaks for the Pixel 3 were months in advance and their security was like water through a sieve.

If it happens again for this device somebody GOTTA GO!

I believe if they really wanted to keep a secret they would have. Everyone had leaks and for the most part I believe that are deliberate.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe if they really wanted to keep a secret they would have. Everyone had leaks and for the most part I believe that are deliberate.

If the goal was to create a lot of press for the upcoming Pixel 3 / 3 XL, they certainly succeeded. I'm with you on deliberate.