Does anybody have interest in these 3a Pixels?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I/O is May 7th-9th, so right around the corner. These devices are rumored to be released then, but I can't say that I've seen a lot of anticipation for the release.

I don't necessarily have an interest in the series. I actually question the strategy overall. But who DOES have some interest in this series, provided the rumored pricing hits the target?:confused:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
None at at all..
I/O is May 7th-9th, so right around the corner. These devices are rumored to be released then, but I can't say that I've seen a lot of anticipation for the release.

I don't necessarily have an interest in the series. I actually question the strategy overall. But who DOES have some interest in this series, provided the rumored pricing hits the target?:confused:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i hear you, Chief! Me either. I keep seeing these reduced prices on new Pixel 3s and some others on 2s. Not sure who is waiting on this release, as you say, at all!
Your correct, with the discounts they giving for pixel 3 or 2 how can you go with a lower spec device .

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
With the Pixel 2 XL now only costing 380 pounds (the Pixel 2 is even cheaper) I doubt many people will buy the 3a series if the rumours of a $400-$500 price are true. The Pixel 2 XL has a similar design and the P2 series has a better camera, build, chipset and a similar battery.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This sums up some of my thoughts on this release ...

https://phandroid.com/2019/04/28/5-reasons-why-the-pixel-3a-and-pixel-3a-xl-will-be-doa/

Definitely five challenge points ..

- Price
- Specs
- TIMING (big, IMO)
- Competiton
- Software

I would rather have a One Plus phone at those prices better bang for the money, they should priced them 350 and 450 that would be ideal to win in that market , I dont think it will sell good and plus discounts on their premium phones 3 and 3xl . I rather have a used 2xl

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't like straight Android. I like the extra features Samsung and LG add. I don't care about updates. The only attraction Pixel holds for me is the camera software. All of the pixels offer less bang for the buck spec wise and software wise.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in seeing what it's all about and will gladly follow its release and keep an eye out for it... But I don't think I will buy from the line.

EMostafa

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm paying attention to the progress of Google mobile phone, I hope to see some fresh design on new pixel phone. They did a poor job before.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't like straight Android. I like the extra features Samsung and LG add. I don't care about updates. The only attraction Pixel holds for me is the camera software. All of the pixels offer less bang for the buck spec wise and software wise.

Maybe hardware wise but having had and still have every one of the brands you mentioned I don't see anything missing in the software that can't be added.
Having said that I wouldn't buy the 3a.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Spen features? No way. Split screen? Sd card. LED indicator light. Just so many

I said I didn't see any real software difference that can't be added. Pixel has split screen capability.

I really wasn't discussing hardware but
only one model has an Spen. Samsung eliminated LEDs with the S10. SD cards are dated with the amount of memory available internally these days. In any event we are cleary off topic since this thread only concerns buying the 3a which is a lower end model.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed but many DO prefer more bells and whistles than Pixel delivers. I'm not familiar with the 3A. Haven't heard any buzz but this thread.

t8ntlikly

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I would rather have a One Plus phone at those prices better bang for the money, they should priced them 350 and 450 that would be ideal to win in that market , I dont think it will sell good and plus discounts on their premium phones 3 and 3xl . I rather have a used 2xl

If the phone were priced in the Moto G7 range, then I might take a serious look.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
My opinion/analysis of the Pixel 3a:

1. Design: Full plastic/polycarbonate body isn’t anything special. No special effect of gradient either. It has significant bezels around the screen as well (top and bottom)...essentially a budget phone design.

2. Camera: Slightly different in terms of megapixels (12 vs 12.2) but according to many sources the camera will be of similar quality to the one on the Pixel 3, so at worst the camera will be mid-range and at best Not sure whether it will have OIS...

3. Display: A 5.6/6 inch Full HD OLED display seems to be the reality...while the resolution isn’t anything special it’s essentially a similar display and resolution to the one on the Pixel 3, so I’d say that the display is probably going to be premium.

4. Audio: No stereo speakers should be present but neither are they expected. The speakers and audio quality will probably be mid-range but there is a headphone jack :)

5. Other features: Fingerprint scanner, pure Android with guaranteed, regular updates. IDK about facial recognition and water resistance is unlikely, so overall mid-range or at worst budget.

6. Chipset: Snapdragon 670 on 3a and 710 on 3a XL...both chipsets are great/efficient for everyday use and casual multitasking with 4/6 GB of RAM...should handle most games well apart from intensive ones like PUBG.

7. Battery: 3000mAh for the 3a and 3500mAh for the 3a XL is pretty average...probably means all-day or just under a day of battery life...so mid-range.

For a price between $400 and $500 dollars I don’t think it’s worth it, with a dated design, plastic body etc. For the same price you could get a Nokia (HMD) phone that has a better metal (and sometimes metal/glass) build/design, same software and updates (Android One), has more bells and whistles, a better battery and reasonably good cameras.

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Right there with you. Plain, 'stock', android is just boring to me. Though it is super snappy; I don't really need super snappy 100% of the time. If extra features means it'll occasionally slow down a bit then I'm fine with it. Plus, I haven't seen any real slowdowns since my S8+ (currently rocking a Note 9 and have NEVER noticed any slowdowns and this is comparing it to my Pixel 2XL that I use for development).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7