Sooo... Who ordered?

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I actually think this is an interesting device... It's not a purchase for me at this time since I have a 3 (and a 2), but somebody had to have bought one... I mean... $399 base model.. $100 merchant credit ... That's not bad.

Last edited:

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Very tempting to purchase now, with an eligible trade in I could technically get the phone for around $149 and then add the $100 store credit which I assume I can use to purchase a second device for my wife. Not that bad a deal!

I think just the fear of initial hardware problem is what is stopping me right now. Also no long term use reviews available yet.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
It looks like I'll be buying one. My current plan is to buy one from T-Mobile with the trade in of a Pixel -- which should mean getting the phone essentially free ($400 credit for the Pixel trade in).

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't yet. But I'm really tempted to grab one with that $100 credit. I've been on iOS for awhile and I'm really not liking the price of their products and all of the mid range phones in the US seem to have crap cameras. And that's a huge thing for me with 4 kids. It's about all I use my camera for.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It looks like I'll be buying one. My current plan is to buy one from T-Mobile with the trade in of a Pixel -- which should mean getting the phone essentially free ($400 credit for the Pixel trade in).

I got $400 for my lg v30 so the phone cost $79+ tax

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My purple-ish pixel 3a is coming tomorrow. Got a $100 Best Buy gift card and bought a smartwatch with it. $500 plus tax for a pixel and watch, not too shabby!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If I was in the market I'd be tempted but I'm terribly happy with my OnePlus 6T. However I have a kid due for a new phone soon and the 3A seems perfect for a teen. However I'm going to give it a few weeks first and see any issues crop up because there always seems to be some issue with the pixels.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
If I was in the market I'd be tempted but I'm terribly happy with my OnePlus 6T. However I have a kid due for a new phone soon and the 3A seems perfect for a teen. However I'm going to give it a few weeks first and see any issues crop up because there always seems to be some issue with the pixels.

Theo, you a NEW OnePlus disciple... Lol! .. I'm surprised you even looking over this way at all ..

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Surprising move for you... Just dipping the toe or something different..?

I used to be a hardcore Android user back in the day...always went back and forth between Android and Apple but got trapped the past 2 years in iOS. I had the OG Pixel that I loved and didn't like the 2 or 3 enough to leave iOS. At this price point for a pixel phone I am jumping ship, well atleast I am trying to. I refuse to pay $1,000 for another iPhone. Not when this whole pixel thing just went down!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Theo, you a NEW OnePlus disciple... Lol! .. I'm surprised you even looking over this way at all ..
Lol I know, but I think they actually got a lot right on these for the price! And I think it could be great for my kid if I can get a deal on one so I want to stay in the loop. Plus I just like new shiny things.

I do love my 6T though.....

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a hardcore Android user back in the day...always went back and forth between Android and Apple but got trapped the past 2 years in iOS. I had the OG Pixel that I loved and didn't like the 2 or 3 enough to leave iOS. At this price point for a pixel phone I am jumping ship, well atleast I am trying to. I refuse to pay $1,000 for another iPhone. Not when this whole pixel thing just went down!
Yep, as long as there aren't any major hardware snafus I think google just created a whole lot of competition for Apple and Samsung. Heck, even OnePlus to be honest.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep, as long as there aren't any major hardware snafus I think google just created a whole lot of competition for Apple and Samsung. Heck, even OnePlus to be honest.

Agreed. I think Android Q will help a lot but we shall see. I have heard about the pixel 3 horror stories but I think this 3a is going to be special

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

So what I think you're saying is, if you were going to make a move this is looking like a good spot to go 'head and jump ... I'm hip ... Capital cost is low.. Picking up 95% of the Pixel 3 with 3 fresh years of OS updates .. I can definitely see it.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So what I think you're saying is, if you were going to make a move this is looking like a good spot to go 'head and jump ... I'm hip ... Capital cost is low.. Picking up 95% of the Pixel 3 with 3 fresh years of OS updates .. I can definitely see it.

Exactly!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, and there will be deals on these I'm sure. Honestly, idk what the XR even has on the 3a....

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ha, I just sold my Razer Phone 2 and my OnePlus 6T, said I was going to keep my Note9 as my one and only.

But then I saw Tmo had this 3a XL and I ordered it

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Giving the 3a XL a go. Put in service yesterday and so far all is good.
Needs a few days to settle in but so far battery is holding up well.