When it first came out I didn't think it was particularly worth it. Cause here in Singapore, there was a markup on the price, and we can get phones like the Mi9 and honor view 20 here easily.

But after using it for a week, I'm sold. This is the Pixel I've wanted Google to make for a while now. Great camera. Great software. Cheaper price. The better battery life is a nice bonus too.

The specs might be underwhelming considering I can get a mi9 at a cheaper price with SD855 here, but in the end it doesn't really matter as much to me.

A few years down the road, I would regret not having a better camera with me for a special occasion, an impromptu event, or just a special moment with my loved ones (especially someone who isn't around anymore). That is something I've already encountered before. But, the thing that I've never regretted, was my phone not being able to open an app as quickly or run a game at the highest graphics settings.

For someone who doesn't want to spend that much money, but still want an awesome camera and software experience, the Pixel 3a is awesome.

That is unless you don't mind going through the hassle and risk of buying used phone. Then pixel 3 could be a nice option too. Pixel 2 can be nice, but when I compared the 3a's rear camera with the Pixel 2, the 3a still wins.
    mumfoau, B. Diddy, Golurk and 3 others like this.
    05-14-2019 06:56 AM
    Excellent review Alex!!
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    05-14-2019 07:07 AM
    Great! I've been eagerly awaiting your review.
    mumfoau and Alex_Hong like this.
    05-14-2019 11:44 AM
    Fantastic review! For someone in the UK like me, where the price of the 3a XL is also substantially higher than in the US, your review is reassuring, especially when it comes to app loading times and game performance

Nice job!
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    05-14-2019 11:47 AM
    Fantastic review! For someone in the UK like me, where the price of the 3a XL is also susbatntially higher than in the US, your review is reassuring, especially when it comes to app loading times and game performance

Nice job!
    Thanks! Yeah. I really wished that the prices were closer to the US pricing. But at least it's not as bad as in India.
    05-14-2019 07:13 PM
    I sure hope Jack doesn't watch your reviews.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    05-15-2019 06:50 AM
    Thanks! Yeah. I really wished that the prices were closer to the US pricing. But at least it's not as bad as in India.
    Same here...I guess it might be something to do with import costs, tax and VAT

Funny thing is in India budget/mid-range phones are cheaper than they are in Europe but even older flagships are much more expensive than they should be...which can be confusing.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    05-15-2019 01:14 PM
    You hit it right there Alex. The camera is the one thing that can be timeless. Opening an app and playing games isn't. It happened to me last year. I fell for the hype getting the one plus 6t. I left my pixel 3 at home when we went to Disneyland with the kids. The night shots were horrible on the one plus that the pixel would've nailed.
    Yesterday 11:56 PM