08-18-2019 07:19 AM
55 123
tools
    05-24-2019 03:51 PM
    I would love a film screen protector like the ones they now offer for the S10/S10+
    05-26-2019 02:48 AM
    I bought a MoKo clear "Hybrid" case (TPU sides with a polycarbonate back) and am really liking it. I like having the PC back since it doesn't yellow over time and provides extra "rigidity" in the case (though it can scratch), while the TPU still provides drop protection. It also gives a nice "lip" to help protect the screen in case of drops. I'm impressed with it, particularly for a case that is going for $6.99 (and $5.99 atm with $1 off coupon).
    How are you liking this case? I have mixed feelings about it. I find that the back gets oily quickly. I live in a humid climate, so that is affecting it. I love having a clear case though.
    06-25-2019 12:50 PM
    I would love a film screen protector like the ones they now offer for the S10/S10+
    What do you mean by "film"?
    06-25-2019 04:16 PM
    What do you mean by "film"?
    The thin plastic screen protectors.
    06-25-2019 04:19 PM
    The thin plastic screen protectors.
    Tempered glass is SOOO much better! Easily wipe for fingerprints and face oils when talking on the phone. And it protects better when the phone is dropped.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-25-2019 11:46 PM
    Tempered glass is SOOO much better! Easily wipe for fingerprints and face oils when talking on the phone. And it protects better when the phone is dropped.
    Does the tempered glass add bulk? I've never used one.
    06-26-2019 11:49 AM
    Just ordered a Rhinoshield crashgaurd bumper from Amazon to try out. They seem to finally be in stock on Amazon and on their website.
    06-26-2019 10:13 PM
    Does the tempered glass add bulk? I've never used one.
    Only a TINY amount. Granted, the film adds none, but the little bit of added glass is not much. The added protection and cleanliness is worth it!
    06-26-2019 11:36 PM
    I ordered this one and I am very happy with it. I like that the back is clear and the blues look nice on the white phone. I also have a glass screen protector on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel 3A Case and Screen Protector Advice-screenshot_20190627-082021.jpg  
    kmcochran likes this.
    06-27-2019 07:37 AM
    How are you liking this case? I have mixed feelings about it. I find that the back gets oily quickly. I live in a humid climate, so that is affecting it. I love having a clear case though.
    I just switched to the Ringke Fusion clear case. An issue I had with the MoKo, that I found a bit annoying, is that the power button seemed somewhat harder to press -- it seemed like the TPU over the power button was just a bit misaligned. Also, while I couldn't call the edge around the FPS as sharp, the edge on it has bothered me.

So I bought the Ringke Fusion; I've had them in the past and really loved them. The hole for the FPS is a bit more beveled, so it feels nicer. The thing that surprised me, though, is that the edge is more rounded, making the case feel better (and feel smaller) in the hand. The power button also works better, it also has a texture to it which makes it easier to tell apart from the volume rocker.

To be fair, there isn't really an issue with the MoKo, just that the Ringke seems to have a somewhat better design.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-28-2019 08:42 AM
    Just put the Rhinoshield Crashgaurd on a few hours ago that I got today. I like it. It's nice and snug and has a nice texture to it. It fits well with my Dbrand black camo skin.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-28-2019 07:16 PM
    I just switched to the Ringke Fusion clear case. An issue I had with the MoKo, that I found a bit annoying, is that the power button seemed somewhat harder to press -- it seemed like the TPU over the power button was just a bit misaligned. Also, while I couldn't call the edge around the FPS as sharp, the edge on it has bothered me.

So I bought the Ringke Fusion; I've had them in the past and really loved them. The hole for the FPS is a bit more beveled, so it feels nicer. The thing that surprised me, though, is that the edge is more rounded, making the case feel better (and feel smaller) in the hand. The power button also works better, it also has a texture to it which makes it easier to tell apart from the volume rocker.

To be fair, there isn't really an issue with the MoKo, just that the Ringke seems to have a somewhat better design.
    I have the Ringke Fusion case as well... It is extremely light and adds very little weight or bulk to the device. All ports are accessible (I had issues with the headphone plug on Supcase) and buttons and fingerprint reader feel more natural. Dropped it a few times with no issues, but that doesn't say much.

If I have one negative to say about the case is it shows fingerprints and normal hand oils on the back panel quite a bit, but it wipes clean easily as well. I have used Ringke Fusion cases as my primary case for my last 3-4 devices and love them, but they due tend to show scratches easily on clear cases too, but I haven't seen that on this one yet.
    mogelijk and J Dubbs like this.
    06-28-2019 09:30 PM
    Thanks for the info on the Ringke Fusion case. It's currently not available, so I have put it in my Wish List and hopefully will get a notification when it's back in stock.
    06-29-2019 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the info on the Ringke Fusion case. It's currently not available, so I have put it in my Wish List and hopefully will get a notification when it's back in stock.
    Hello, it's available on eBay.
    06-29-2019 06:36 PM
    07-02-2019 08:32 AM
    I've been using the Rhinoshield Crashgaurd bumper for a few days now. I like it. I took off my Skinomi Techskin screen protector as well. So now I'm rocking the black camo Dbrand skin and the Crashgaurd. The bare glass feels better and is much better with fingerprints and finger oil, and the bare glass is better with the Android Q gestures.

Pixel 3A Case and Screen Protector Advice-img_20190702_171230.jpg

Pixel 3A Case and Screen Protector Advice-img_20190702_171315.jpg
    07-02-2019 04:11 PM
    I had a crashguard style bumper case that came with my Moto x pure edition.... I liked it a lot, gave great protection without bulking the phone up too much or hiding it under a full case ;-)
    jasonb likes this.
    07-03-2019 08:32 AM
    Anybody need/want the google fabric case that matches the white 3a XL?
    07-03-2019 10:38 AM
    I currently have the Incipio Dualpro case but just ordered the Ghostek Covert 3 case from Amazon.
    08-13-2019 04:38 AM
    I've switched to the Tech21 case in shark blue. Apparently T-Mobile doesn't carry this case in black or I probably would have gotten that one, but whatever. The Rhinoshield Crashgaurd is nice but it makes the phone a bit tall and wide, and the Squeeze gesture doesn't work with it and I wanted that simple feature back. The Tech 21 case feels nice and should give the drop protection I need.
    08-13-2019 02:23 PM
    Anyone have the Defender case? Curious to know how the squeeze function works.
    08-13-2019 07:22 PM
    Anyone have the Defender case? Curious to know how the squeeze function works.
    You won't be getting any squeeze action with a defender case, but you'll rest easy knowing it's safe from pretty much anything that could happen to it besides dropping it in an ocean/lake/river. I picked up a defender because it was on clearance for 8 bucks, but I honestly didn't think I would like it. After putting it on though I love it....no more worrying about my phone, just enjoy it knowing there's pretty much nothing that can hurt it ;-)

It does make the phone substantially bigger though.... so if you want to pocket carry an XL that's probably going to be a stretch (literally). It comes with a great holster clip though. I still pocket carry my regular pixel but I wouldn't with an XL.
    08-14-2019 06:54 AM
    You won't be getting any squeeze action with a defender case, but you'll rest easy knowing it's safe from pretty much anything that could happen to it besides dropping it in an ocean/lake/river. I picked up a defender because it was on clearance for 8 bucks, but I honestly didn't think I would like it. After putting it on though I love it....no more worrying about my phone, just enjoy it knowing there's pretty much nothing that can hurt it ;-)

It does make the phone substantially bigger though.... so if you want to pocket carry an XL that's probably going to be a stretch (literally). It comes with a great holster clip though. I still pocket carry my regular pixel but I wouldn't with an XL.
    Just bought the Defender and the squeeze action does work! Works very well actually. I was totally surprised. This is a great case!
    08-14-2019 05:10 PM
    Just bought the Defender and the squeeze action does work! Works very well actually. I was totally surprised. This is a great case!
    Congratulations! I'm glad the squeeze action works for you ;-) I honestly thought the case would be way too hard. I have the pixel one, my phone doesn't have the squeeze feature. They must have set it up to work with the squeeze for assistant. And I'm glad you like the case, they are really well made, grippy, protective cases
    08-15-2019 05:06 AM
55 123