Pixel 3A Case and Screen Protector Advice

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Casemate Tough Clear Case which looks and feels great. Also, bought these screen protectors from Amazon and so far am very satisfied:

MP-MALL [3-Pack] Screen Protector for Google Pixel 3a XL, [Easy Installation] [Case Friendly] Tempered Glass with Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q29VVX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6549245
I had that casemate case and just returned it actually. I found the sides super slippery and for $40 I figured it will yellow over time. I am getting the below screen protectors today from Amazon. Hopefully these are better than the ESR edge to edge ones.

Ferilinso Screen Protector for Google Pixel 3a,[3 Pack] Tempered Glass with Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NZFH6T...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6549245

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought a MoKo clear "Hybrid" case (TPU sides with a polycarbonate back) and am really liking it. I like having the PC back since it doesn't yellow over time and provides extra "rigidity" in the case (though it can scratch), while the TPU still provides drop protection. It also gives a nice "lip" to help protect the screen in case of drops. I'm impressed with it, particularly for a case that is going for $6.99 (and $5.99 atm with $1 off coupon).

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a MoKo clear "Hybrid" case (TPU sides with a polycarbonate back) and am really liking it. I like having the PC back since it doesn't yellow over time and provides extra "rigidity" in the case (though it can scratch), while the TPU still provides drop protection. It also gives a nice "lip" to help protect the screen in case of drops. I'm impressed with it, particularly for a case that is going for $6.99 (and $5.99 atm with $1 off coupon).

Thanks! I was just looking for a clear TPU case recommendation. Gotta show off the color! It's not available until May 31, so I'll have to be careful until then :D

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

How are you liking this case? I have mixed feelings about it. I find that the back gets oily quickly. I live in a humid climate, so that is affecting it. I love having a clear case though.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a Rhinoshield crashgaurd bumper from Amazon to try out. They seem to finally be in stock on Amazon and on their website.

Kpgile

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I ordered this one and I am very happy with it. I like that the back is clear and the blues look nice on the white phone. I also have a glass screen protector on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190627-082021.jpg
    Screenshot_20190627-082021.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 19

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
How are you liking this case? I have mixed feelings about it. I find that the back gets oily quickly. I live in a humid climate, so that is affecting it. I love having a clear case though.

I just switched to the Ringke Fusion clear case. An issue I had with the MoKo, that I found a bit annoying, is that the power button seemed somewhat harder to press -- it seemed like the TPU over the power button was just a bit misaligned. Also, while I couldn't call the edge around the FPS as sharp, the edge on it has bothered me.

So I bought the Ringke Fusion; I've had them in the past and really loved them. The hole for the FPS is a bit more beveled, so it feels nicer. The thing that surprised me, though, is that the edge is more rounded, making the case feel better (and feel smaller) in the hand. The power button also works better, it also has a texture to it which makes it easier to tell apart from the volume rocker.

To be fair, there isn't really an issue with the MoKo, just that the Ringke seems to have a somewhat better design.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just put the Rhinoshield Crashgaurd on a few hours ago that I got today. I like it. It's nice and snug and has a nice texture to it. It fits well with my Dbrand black camo skin.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to the Ringke Fusion clear case. An issue I had with the MoKo, that I found a bit annoying, is that the power button seemed somewhat harder to press -- it seemed like the TPU over the power button was just a bit misaligned. Also, while I couldn't call the edge around the FPS as sharp, the edge on it has bothered me.

So I bought the Ringke Fusion; I've had them in the past and really loved them. The hole for the FPS is a bit more beveled, so it feels nicer. The thing that surprised me, though, is that the edge is more rounded, making the case feel better (and feel smaller) in the hand. The power button also works better, it also has a texture to it which makes it easier to tell apart from the volume rocker.

To be fair, there isn't really an issue with the MoKo, just that the Ringke seems to have a somewhat better design.
I have the Ringke Fusion case as well... It is extremely light and adds very little weight or bulk to the device. All ports are accessible (I had issues with the headphone plug on Supcase) and buttons and fingerprint reader feel more natural. Dropped it a few times with no issues, but that doesn't say much.

If I have one negative to say about the case is it shows fingerprints and normal hand oils on the back panel quite a bit, but it wipes clean easily as well. I have used Ringke Fusion cases as my primary case for my last 3-4 devices and love them, but they due tend to show scratches easily on clear cases too, but I haven't seen that on this one yet.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the Ringke Fusion case. It's currently not available, so I have put it in my Wish List and hopefully will get a notification when it's back in stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish