Pixel 3A Case and Screen Protector Advice

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Rhinoshield Crashgaurd bumper for a few days now. I like it. I took off my Skinomi Techskin screen protector as well. So now I'm rocking the black camo Dbrand skin and the Crashgaurd. The bare glass feels better and is much better with fingerprints and finger oil, and the bare glass is better with the Android Q gestures.

IMG_20190702_171230.jpg

IMG_20190702_171315.jpg

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I had a crashguard style bumper case that came with my Moto x pure edition.... I liked it a lot, gave great protection without bulking the phone up too much or hiding it under a full case ;-)

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've switched to the Tech21 case in shark blue. Apparently T-Mobile doesn't carry this case in black or I probably would have gotten that one, but whatever. The Rhinoshield Crashgaurd is nice but it makes the phone a bit tall and wide, and the Squeeze gesture doesn't work with it and I wanted that simple feature back. The Tech 21 case feels nice and should give the drop protection I need.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have the Defender case? Curious to know how the squeeze function works.

You won't be getting any squeeze action with a defender case, but you'll rest easy knowing it's safe from pretty much anything that could happen to it besides dropping it in an ocean/lake/river. I picked up a defender because it was on clearance for 8 bucks, but I honestly didn't think I would like it. After putting it on though I love it....no more worrying about my phone, just enjoy it knowing there's pretty much nothing that can hurt it ;-)

It does make the phone substantially bigger though.... so if you want to pocket carry an XL that's probably going to be a stretch (literally). It comes with a great holster clip though. I still pocket carry my regular pixel but I wouldn't with an XL.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
You won't be getting any squeeze action with a defender case, but you'll rest easy knowing it's safe from pretty much anything that could happen to it besides dropping it in an ocean/lake/river. I picked up a defender because it was on clearance for 8 bucks, but I honestly didn't think I would like it. After putting it on though I love it....no more worrying about my phone, just enjoy it knowing there's pretty much nothing that can hurt it ;-)

It does make the phone substantially bigger though.... so if you want to pocket carry an XL that's probably going to be a stretch (literally). It comes with a great holster clip though. I still pocket carry my regular pixel but I wouldn't with an XL.
Just bought the Defender and the squeeze action does work! Works very well actually. I was totally surprised. This is a great case!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just bought the Defender and the squeeze action does work! Works very well actually. I was totally surprised. This is a great case!

Congratulations! I'm glad the squeeze action works for you ;-) I honestly thought the case would be way too hard. I have the pixel one, my phone doesn't have the squeeze feature. They must have set it up to work with the squeeze for assistant. And I'm glad you like the case, they are really well made, grippy, protective cases ??????

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Congratulations! I'm glad the squeeze action works for you ;-) I honestly thought the case would be way too hard. I have the pixel one, my phone doesn't have the squeeze feature. They must have set it up to work with the squeeze for assistant. And I'm glad you like the case, they are really well made, grippy, protective cases 👍

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations! I'm glad the squeeze action works for you ;-) I honestly thought the case would be way too hard. I have the pixel one, my phone doesn't have the squeeze feature. They must have set it up to work with the squeeze for assistant. And I'm glad you like the case, they are really well made, grippy, protective cases
Don't get me wrong, the case is bulky, but that I don't mind. I like having the peace that I know it won't break. I have the Zagg tempered glass screen protector on it as well. Think I'm set now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech