Take more pictures

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So I recently got the pixel 3a xl. I wanted a mid ranger that didn't break the bank and considered the Moto G7. Then I found out I could get the pixel 3 camera for half the cost. My main subject is a 4yo and I do take a fair number of photos of her. But I find that while I wanted to have a good camera on my phone I don't use it near enough.

Has anyone been able to "force" themselves to take more pictures and if so, of what?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So I recently got the pixel 3a xl. I wanted a mid ranger that didn't break the bank and considered the Moto G7. Then I found out I could get the pixel 3 camera for half the cost. My main subject is a 4yo and I do take a fair number of photos of her. But I find that while I wanted to have a good camera on my phone I don't use it near enough.

Has anyone been able to "force" themselves to take more pictures and if so, of what?
I don't force myself to take pictures but having a better camera on my device has encouraged me to take them more often

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess my problem is I don't really see the world from a photographer's POV. Where I see really cool pictures of what seem like mundane items in passing. I don't think to take shots from various angles. And I get somewhat self conscious when taking pictures of stuff in public.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I like finding interesting shots in everyday settings, like closeup shots of flowers or insects, or patterns on a wall or sidewalk. With the Pixel camera, have fun with Portrait Mode and slow motion video.