What Launcher are you using?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
For years I have used either Nova or Action Launcher, most recently relying on Action on my LG G6. However, I've been enjoying using the Pixel Launcher on my 3a XL. I've also found that at least with Action Launcher, there's a bit of lag when tapping the home button. Just wondering what everyone is using on their new Pixel?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I always use the Pixel launcher on my Pixel phones. Personally I like it the best, on other phones I revert to Nova or Pixel like launchers.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I always use the stock launcher of the OEM. If I don't like the launcher then I don't buy the phone. Right now it's Google and Sammy thanks to One UI.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I am sticking with the Pixel Launcher. I've always liked the "Google" launchers, back from when I had Nexus phones.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Using the Pixel launcher. I was thinking about loading Lawn chair or Nova but the Pixel launcher is just working right now for me.

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Same here. It's strange how there aren't many others who think like this.
it's because oem launcher weren't always that great. custom launcher were just so much superior to oem few years back. and since then I just use nova. had many several installed, but nova was just the best for me.

and even now oem launcher have less feature settings or are way too bloated. never really liked any oem launcher tbh they are way too restrictive

Last edited:

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried Pixel launcher for a while. Went back to Nova. Once I unlock/root phone, I may move to Pixel L again. Can anyone tell me how to tab/double-tap to turn off display with Pixel Launcher? That's one feature I use but couldn't find.

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
I tried Pixel launcher for a while. Went back to Nova. Once I unlock/root phone, I may move to Pixel L again. Can anyone tell me how to tab/double-tap to turn off display with Pixel Launcher? That's one feature I use but couldn't find.
advanced gesture settings are the reason I'm still on nova. I use double tap on screen to bring up recent app list, swipe up to search apps, swipe down to open notifications.

also the indefinite scrolling between homescreens is not possible on Samsung stock.

and disable moving background

also I use an additional dock row for a very few rare actions that I like to bring up from time to time. like the notification log smth like that

wouldn't be able to do any like that on whatever stock launcher you may think off. they all are way to restrictive

kborer22

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems to work pretty well, but wish I could get dark mode for it. Do you know if that's possible?

Not that i'm aware of, i wish that would be an option. I'm not sure what the limitation is, but i did flip back to the pixel launcher to verify that i can change it to black, so just limited on AL for some reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish