06-23-2019 08:00 AM
32 12
tools
    For years I have used either Nova or Action Launcher, most recently relying on Action on my LG G6. However, I've been enjoying using the Pixel Launcher on my 3a XL. I've also found that at least with Action Launcher, there's a bit of lag when tapping the home button. Just wondering what everyone is using on their new Pixel?
    05-26-2019 12:43 PM
    I always use the Pixel launcher on my Pixel phones. Personally I like it the best, on other phones I revert to Nova or Pixel like launchers.
    mumfoau and jhilker like this.
    05-26-2019 01:24 PM
    I always use the stock launcher of the OEM. If I don't like the launcher then I don't buy the phone. Right now it's Google and Sammy thanks to One UI.
    Eggmundo and Vega007 like this.
    05-26-2019 02:40 PM
    I am sticking with the Pixel Launcher. I've always liked the "Google" launchers, back from when I had Nexus phones.
    05-27-2019 11:06 AM
    I always use the stock launcher of the OEM. If I don't like the launcher then I don't buy the phone. Right now it's Google and Sammy thanks to One UI.
    Same here. It's strange how there aren't many others who think like this.
    mumfoau and Vega007 like this.
    05-28-2019 03:39 AM
    Using the Pixel launcher. I was thinking about loading Lawn chair or Nova but the Pixel launcher is just working right now for me.
    05-28-2019 03:22 PM
    Same here. It's strange how there aren't many others who think like this.
    it's because oem launcher weren't always that great. custom launcher were just so much superior to oem few years back. and since then I just use nova. had many several installed, but nova was just the best for me.

and even now oem launcher have less feature settings or are way too bloated. never really liked any oem launcher tbh they are way too restrictive
    05-28-2019 03:35 PM
    I tried Pixel launcher for a while. Went back to Nova. Once I unlock/root phone, I may move to Pixel L again. Can anyone tell me how to tab/double-tap to turn off display with Pixel Launcher? That's one feature I use but couldn't find.
    LLcdPH likes this.
    05-29-2019 02:05 PM
    Nova with Prime. Using the gestures for notification shade, recent apps, and double tap to sleep.
    05-29-2019 03:46 PM
    I tried Pixel launcher for a while. Went back to Nova. Once I unlock/root phone, I may move to Pixel L again. Can anyone tell me how to tab/double-tap to turn off display with Pixel Launcher? That's one feature I use but couldn't find.
    advanced gesture settings are the reason I'm still on nova. I use double tap on screen to bring up recent app list, swipe up to search apps, swipe down to open notifications.

also the indefinite scrolling between homescreens is not possible on Samsung stock.

and disable moving background

also I use an additional dock row for a very few rare actions that I like to bring up from time to time. like the notification log smth like that

wouldn't be able to do any like that on whatever stock launcher you may think off. they all are way to restrictive
    05-29-2019 03:49 PM
    I like the stock launcher on Pixels
    Eggmundo likes this.
    05-30-2019 11:29 PM
    Action launcher, i can't live without covers!
    benjamminh and jhilker like this.
    05-31-2019 09:28 AM
    Action launcher, i can't live without covers!
    Are you using the add on to bring in the Google Discover screen?

I miss the covers, too.
    05-31-2019 09:40 AM
    yes, the google discover screen integration is pretty decent, feels mostly like a better version of the now launcher
    05-31-2019 10:01 AM
    yes, the google discover screen integration is pretty decent, feels mostly like a better version of the now launcher
    Seems to work pretty well, but wish I could get dark mode for it. Do you know if that's possible?
    05-31-2019 10:10 AM
    Seems to work pretty well, but wish I could get dark mode for it. Do you know if that's possible?
    Not that i'm aware of, i wish that would be an option. I'm not sure what the limitation is, but i did flip back to the pixel launcher to verify that i can change it to black, so just limited on AL for some reason.
    05-31-2019 10:58 AM
    Amen brother. Stock launcher on my Pixel 3 and wouldn't want it any other way.
    mumfoau, Eggmundo and Joshua Greve like this.
    05-31-2019 10:58 AM
    There is a dark mode in the Android Q beta. I trust it will be in the final release, likely in August.
    jhilker likes this.
    05-31-2019 01:34 PM
    This is so amazing and priceless thanks.
    Check This Useful Resource: https://www.go-happybirthday.com/201...r-brother.html
    06-02-2019 04:11 AM
    I always go with nova, because I don't care for the dock on any phone. They always waste space on the screen imo.
    Joshua Greve likes this.
    06-02-2019 04:31 PM
    I just got a Pixel (2xl). I had a Samsung Galaxy S7. Both phones are very good. I can't really figure out what is really special about Pixel's Launcher. Would love to hear the features ppl here really appreciate. After a few days, I just got kind of underwhelmed and went back to my trusty Nova Prime. I don't even get how I used to use a phone without gestures. That said, I would still like to hear about the key features that makes the Pixel launcher pop for ppl. I am sure there are aspects I missed.
    06-18-2019 12:34 AM
    I always go with nova, because I don't care for the dock on any phone. They always waste space on the screen imo.
    So do you only use gestures?
    06-18-2019 12:36 AM
    That's cool. What do you especially like about it?
    06-18-2019 12:37 AM
    The stock Pixel Launcher is still awful after all this time. No swipe down notifications, no widget padding, no option to remove the search bar, no option to change or resize icons. And they're just the basic options all launchers should have these days.

Microsoft Launcher and Nova for me
    Joshua Greve and mbxx like this.
    06-18-2019 05:10 AM
    The stock Pixel Launcher is still awful after all this time. No swipe down notifications, no widget padding, no option to remove the search bar, no option to change or resize icons. And they're just the basic options all launchers should have these days.

Microsoft Launcher and Nova for me
    I have to agree with you. I tried it out today inspired by this and another thread, thinking that I would perhaps see a different side to it. I was ready to lose some of the good to gain some kind of good on the other side. but... Man! What a boring launcher. There is absolutely nothing special about it. I couldn't find anything about it that was preferable to any of the launchers. You can't do anything with it you can't change the icons you can't cover the really ugly notification bar at the top you can't move things around. it's like executives from Apple came over to Google and said hey how can we make the most unimaginative UI possible. I guess I will say the only thing that I do like is the live-action wallpaper. That's pretty stunning. But, it seems to work just fine and some of the other launchers.
    dov1978 likes this.
    06-18-2019 02:17 PM
32 12