Suitable Mate 10 Pro replacement?

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had a Huawei Mate 10 Pro for close to 18 months and given the whole Huawei thing going on, I'm looking at my potential next phone. I'd still like it to be something of an upgrade though, do we know if one of these would fit the bill? Or is it likely to be more of a sideways move.

Thanks.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 3/3a phones are more about simplistic great experience and camera, with latest software updates. If that appeal to you then it's a great upgrade and the phone for you.

If you are looking more for all the fancy features like Huawei then Samsung might be the route you want to go. Other option is OnePlus 7 which gives a nice balance between Samsung/Google with good software/hardware combination.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
That's enough for me, taken the plunge. I fell in love with Android thanks to getting a Nexus 4 way back when. I loved my Huawei P9 (until the battery developed issues) and really love my Mate 10 Pro. I was really looking forward to getting a new (or newer) Huawei until 'it' all happened.

I was curious if the 3a is an upgrade in hardware terms as well? Being a midrange modern phone vs an 18 month old flagship.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
That's enough for me, taken the plunge. I fell in love with Android thanks to getting a Nexus 4 way back when. I loved my Huawei P9 (until the battery developed issues) and really love my Mate 10 Pro. I was really looking forward to getting a new (or newer) Huawei until 'it' all happened.

I was curious if the 3a is an upgrade in hardware terms as well? Being a midrange modern phone vs an 18 month old flagship.

From what I can see, the processor should be roughly similar in performance, you'll lose RAM (4GB on Pixel to 6 GB on Mate), you'll lose storage (64 vs 128GB) and the Pixel does not have a SIM card slot.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
From what I can see, the processor should be roughly similar in performance, you'll lose RAM (4GB on Pixel to 6 GB on Mate), you'll lose storage (64 vs 128GB) and the Pixel does not have a SIM card slot.

Plus a lower resolution screen, no wireless charging, no daydream VR capabilities if your into that, and it's going to feel substantially less premium and lighter than you're used to. But none of those would be an issue for me, stick a nice case on it and you're good to go ;-)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Agree with the last couple of replies, hardware wise it could be a downgrade or side grade

But what matters is the overall experience which is great on the Pixel 3a series IMO. I have multiple phones and whenever I use Pixel 3a I never feel like it's a big downgrade or anything compared to the flagship phones especially given the cost of the 3a series.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the last couple of replies, hardware wise it could be a downgrade or side grade

But what matters is the overall experience which is great on the Pixel 3a series IMO. I have multiple phones and whenever I use Pixel 3a I never feel like it's a big downgrade or anything compared to the flagship phones especially given the cost of the 3a series.

And I'll second this. In my case, I have a Galaxy S10e, as well as the Pixel 3a. I prefer using the 3a and will be looking to sell the S10e.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21