I just got my Pixel and can't help but notice that this phone has jaundice as far as whites go. Comparing it to the phone I replaced, the difference is stark. Whereas my old phone is a nice pure white, the Pixel is straight up yellow tinted. Is there a settings fix for this? I tried the adaptive, natural settings but that didn't help
    05-30-2019 02:57 PM
    This was typical with Google screens; however, I replaced two devices that simply had too much yellow. Here's the picture of my P3a vs MOTO Z3 Play with super amoled.Yellowish tinted whites on the display?-img_20190530_174915.jpg
    05-30-2019 06:53 PM
    are you saying you kept exchanging your 3a until you got a non yellow tinted one?
    05-30-2019 07:17 PM
    This was typical with Google screens; however, I replaced two devices that simply had too much yellow. Here's the picture of my P3a vs MOTO Z3 Play with super amoled.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190530_174915.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	448.2 KB 
ID:	303860
    Can't be typical of Google screens because different models use different screens.

Pixel 2 Samsung - 2XL LG
    Pixel 3 LG - 3XL Samsung

I thought the "a" serious was using low end Samsung but I could be wrong
    05-30-2019 08:06 PM
    I just got my Pixel and can't help but notice that this phone has jaundice as far as whites go. Comparing it to the phone I replaced, the difference is stark. Whereas my old phone is a nice pure white, the Pixel is straight up yellow tinted. Is there a settings fix for this? I tried the adaptive, natural settings but that didn't help
    Compare it to see models in the stores if possible so you can determine if yours might be bad
    05-30-2019 08:07 PM
    Can't be typical of Google screens because different models use different screens.

Pixel 2 Samsung - 2XL LG
    Pixel 3 LG - 3XL Samsung

I thought the "a" serious was using low end Samsung but I could be wrong
    Typical for the non-amoled screens I've owned: N4,IPS; N5,IPS; N5X,LED; N7,LCD; N7.2,LCD; and N9,LCD. I didn't own the N6, but have the GNexus and the 6P which have versions of amoled. If your screen appears more yellow than what my pic shows (or, better, as suggested, store comparison), it does need to be replaced.

The OLED is a samsung display (not super saturated for sure) and maybe should be better than it appears on the phones--yours and mine. I've read that a disadvantage of OLED (vs AMOLED) is variation of color balance. I don't believe the yellow factor has shown up on xda--yet. The "brightness" (or lack of) factor has been discussed. I know when I turned my display all the way up, I was able to see it clearly in the very bright sunlight while using sunglasses. I do have to keep the display at 50% of the slide even inside house/car.
    05-31-2019 06:07 AM
    Typical for the non-amoled screens I've owned: N4,IPS; N5,IPS; N5X,LED; N7,LCD; N7.2,LCD; and N9,LCD. I didn't own the N6, but have the GNexus and the 6P which have versions of amoled. If your screen appears more yellow than what my pic shows (or, better, as suggested, store comparison), it does need to be replaced.

The OLED is a samsung display (not super saturated for sure) and maybe should be better than it appears on the phones--yours and mine. I've read that a disadvantage of OLED (vs AMOLED) is variation of color balance. I don't believe the yellow factor has shown up on xda--yet. The "brightness" (or lack of) factor has been discussed. I know when I turned my display all the way up, I was able to see it clearly in the very bright sunlight while using sunglasses. I do have to keep the display at 50% of the slide even inside house/car.
    I was referring to OLED in Prior Pixels
    05-31-2019 06:40 AM
    I was referring to OLED in Prior Pixels
    I should have stated "Nexus" devices rather than Google devices. My bad. FWIW to OP, my son says his 3a shows no yellowish tones even next to his N6P. I think mine has the slightest yellow tint but appears to look like others I've seen online.

Ifixit teardown definitely names the OLED as Samsung.
    05-31-2019 09:02 AM
    The first Pixel 3 I tried out, it had a very pinkish tint to it. I sent it back and put Pixel's out of my mind. Then the Anniversary deal came out and ordered one again at that sweet $399 price and the display on this one is perfect. Looks as good as my iPhone X. Google is notorious for display inconsistencies on their phones.
    05-31-2019 12:40 PM
    The first Pixel 3 I tried out, it had a very pinkish tint to it. I sent it back and put Pixel's out of my mind. Then the Anniversary deal came out and ordered one again at that sweet $399 price and the display on this one is perfect. Looks as good as my iPhone X. Google is notorious for display inconsistencies on their phones.
    If you had the 3 that was an LG screen and they seem to have some QC issues
    05-31-2019 08:59 PM
    If you had the 3 that was an LG screen and they seem to have some QC issues
    Yeah its that LG screen. Quality is nice but man this phone has terrible battery life lol. I think I am gonna try to sell it for what I paid for it.
    06-04-2019 10:56 AM
    Hi I also has the same yellow tinted screen problem with my Google pixel 3a. Go to accessibility - disable color correction. And voila! the screen is back to natural color. Hope this helps !
    07-26-2019 01:54 PM