Who's going caseless

cffndncr

Jun 24, 2019
Visit site
I had a screw-up with receiving some promotional credit from the Google Store when I ordered the 3a, which I was going to use to buy a case, so I was caseless for about a week while I ordered a 3rd-party case. Within that time, managed to knock the phone off my bedside table and crack the entire bottom-right corner of the screen.

So yeah, wouldn't recommend going caseless - at the very least a thin transparent case to give it a modicum of drop protection for the screen.

IPhonebegone

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I cracked my 3a xl screen while using that ESR glass cover (and the tempered glass case as well). Was jogging on gravel trail holding phone in my hand and tripped and fell on the hand with the phone so it was more than a usual drop. The phone's screen was facing forward with the back against my palm but the case cracked as well as the screen. Also note that the first.time I ordered that case from Amazon it arrived cracked but I just exchanged it. After getting new screen from Google ($150) I moved to the Spigen Crystal clear case. The polycarbonate back of the 3a may be strong but remember that the glass is a lower grade than Gorilla glass. Real issue is what gives the screen best protection?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I cracked my 3a xl screen while using that ESR glass cover (and the tempered glass case as well). Was jogging on gravel trail holding phone in my hand and tripped and fell on the hand with the phone so it was more than a usual drop. The phone's screen was facing forward with the back against my palm but the case cracked as well as the screen. Also note that the first.time I ordered that case from Amazon it arrived cracked but I just exchanged it. After getting new screen from Google ($150) I moved to the Spigen Crystal clear case. The polycarbonate back of the 3a may be strong but remember that the glass is a lower grade than Gorilla glass. Real issue is what gives the screen best protection?
Unfortunately the best screen protection is a bulky case. The best screen protector will only protector a screen from cracking from mild to moderate drops. They are great for scratch protection.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Vinve Carbon fiber TPU case on my 3a since I got it and it's been great. However, I started to take the phone out of the case when I'm home since I have carpet throughout my place so no worries of dropping it. The phone just feels great to use caseless.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a Vinve Carbon fiber TPU case on my 3a since I got it and it's been great. However, I started to take the phone out of the case when I'm home since I have carpet throughout my place so no worries of dropping it. The phone just feels great to use caseless.

It does feel great caseless. Full time caseless.

PGHammer20607

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I went naked for about a week and loved it. I even dropped my phone on a concrete floor and no damage. But I have put a clear case on it since I have the purple-ish XL.

I'm going with the SUPCASE UNICORN BEETLE PRO for my Just Black 3a; it's the same case I used for my S7, and will be in the same color - Black.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Lately I've been using a Rhinoshield Crashgaurd and a dbrand skin. I just took the dbrand skin off, so right now my 3a just has the Rhinoshield Crashgaurd on it and that's all. The Crashgaurd has no I'll effects with the Android Q gestures, but I didn't like having a screen protector with the Q gestures.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield