making this my daily driver

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm so floored at how good the Pixel 3a XL phone is that I'm making it my daily driver.

Important to me:
Battery life
Camera
Screen
Daily use fluidity

I was extremely worried about 2 aspects that after using it on my backup phone which is pixel 3a XL on FI, both storage limited at 64Gb and the mid range processor.

So after a month or so, and now on beta 5 of Q, I'm somewhat blown away at how good the Pixel 3a XL.
I'm getting almost 2 days of life with 6 hours of SoT and for my use performance has been super fluid and no issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear! It's nice that Google finally released a phone that gets virtually universal praise.:)

jschlis

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi DamianP,

Quick question. Were you using two phones at once? I have the 3xl and want to also use the 3A xl. My issue is how to update my text messages when switching from phone to phone.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
there are some apps on the play store that will allow you to migrate text messages. I currently have 2 numbers so didn't do that for this, but when I switch I will reset it and restore from a Google backup to get my call and text history.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi DamianP,

Quick question. Were you using two phones at once? I have the 3xl and want to also use the 3A xl. My issue is how to update my text messages when switching from phone to phone.
When I set my a XL up, I used the cable and followed the on screen setup directions. This imported my text messages. No issues.

Edit: I just realized that you might mean keeping them up to date while using both...oops.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
When I set my a XL up, I used the cable and followed the on screen setup directions. This imported my text messages. No issues.

Edit: I just realized that you might mean keeping them up to date while using both...oops.

I just used the Google backup cloud based restore for texts and calls, no cable used for me.

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
I just got on the Pixel 3a train myself. It will definitely be my daily driver from here on out. Came from a Blackberry Keyone and the difference performance wise is night and day.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree the 3a non XL feels great in the hand. coming from a 6in screen on Honor V10 it's actually kinda refreshing to be able to comfortably use the phone one handed