Any Verified Functional USB-C to USB-C & Headphone Jack Dongle?

Vigeuth

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for one of these so my car isn't such of a mess of cords....would like both aux cable and charging on same side of phone. (My car doesn't have bluetooth audio, just aux)

Something like link below. Can't find any reviews or info on any of these type of dongles that confirms they work with Pixel 3A....and there's even an answered question regarding 3A in link below that says it "may not work" with 3A.

https://www.amazon.com/KEEZING-Head...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6582332

If anyone has one that definitely works with 3A, that would be great, thanks!

Vigeuth

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. This is just a usb-c to headphone converter, I believe. If they have one that is usb-c to usb-c and headphone, please link it. Looking for confirmed to work with 3A for both charging and audio through headphone jack.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You need an adapter that has a DAC in it, and a charging port, like https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Headph...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6597277 (which is cheaper than the one you linked to), but any adapter with a DAC will work.

Plug the Aux plug in first (both ends), then the power cable, then plug the adapter into the phone. (If it doesn't work, you may need an "earphone simulator" in the Aux cable - about a 56 Ohm resistor on each side (left and right) to make the adapter think that it's connecting to an earphone - which is what you're doing to feed the Aux jack. (Connecting the Pixel adapter to my PC Aux jack doesn't work, but plugging earphones into the same adapter does.)

Vigeuth

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response Rukbat. I'm not finding any "earphone simulator" Aux cables on the google, or an aux cable with 56 Ohm resistor. Any links for an item like that? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol