Do we know where the updates are coming from with the carrier versions like T-Mobile? Are they coming from Google?
    08-04-2019 02:36 PM
    I don't know where they're "coming from" since I always either download the update from Full OTA Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices | Google APIs for Android | Google Developers or download the full factory image from Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices | Google APIs for Android | Google Developers and flash it myself. (If you flash the full ROM, you delete the -w from the last fastboot line to keep all your apps and data - but the bootloader has to be unlocked for flashing the file. The update can be sideloaded from recovery.)

Why wait a week or two, when you can download the update in 2 days (Tuesday should be "update day").
    08-04-2019 02:47 PM
    I don't know where they're "coming from" since I always either download the update from Full OTA Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices | Google APIs for Android | Google Developers or download the full factory image from Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices | Google APIs for Android | Google Developers and flash it myself. (If you flash the full ROM, you delete the -w from the last fastboot line to keep all your apps and data - but the bootloader has to be unlocked for flashing the file. The update can be sideloaded from recovery.)

Why wait a week or two, when you can download the update in 2 days (Tuesday should be "update day").
    Well, just to clarify I don't have it yet but it is going to be for my kid and I'm going to have to get it through T-Mobile probably because I don't have the cash to get it unlocked right now. So my concern was if I get one through T-Mobile am I still getting updates from Google? If so and there are a couple weeks behind I'm really not worried about it as long as we're still getting them.
    08-04-2019 07:11 PM
    It's my understanding that all Pixel phones, including those sold by carriers, are updated by Google.
    08-05-2019 09:22 AM