How do you like your Pixel 3a XL so faršŸ¤”

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Compared to the 3a, it has a premium build, wireless charging, slightly better camera (due to PVC), is water-resistant with IP68, has front facing stereo speakers and a much faster processor. With recent discounts you can get the 3 for around $500-600, which is quite a bargain considering its original price was around $750 and that the 3a cost $400.
What's PVC?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Compared to the 3a, it has a premium build, wireless charging, slightly better camera (due to PVC), is water-resistant with IP68, has front facing stereo speakers and a much faster processor. With recent discounts you can get the 3 for around $500-600, which is quite a bargain considering its original price was around $750 and that the 3a cost $400.
And that's why it comes down to what you value. The only two things that I worry about are water resistance and how well the processor will hold up over the next three years. Everything else is unnecessary for me. But, the Pixel 3a has a headphone jack which is important to me. I use Bluetooth headsets but I also use wired headsets when the Bluetooth headphones need to be recharged or when I have to used the word earbuds I leave in the car if I'm going to be on the phone while I am out and about.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
What does that do?
It is a dedicated chipset that processes pictures (and maybe videos). I think the 3a can only taken 5 simultaneous pictures since it lacks the PVC where the 3 can take 7. The 3a also takes a few extra seconds to process the pictures and make them available to view where the 3 is instantaneous.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've always used flagships in the past. This is the first mid-range phone I've ever used and it's fantastic. The battery life alone makes this phone great.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've always used flagships in the past. This is the first mid-range phone I've ever used and it's fantastic. The battery life alone makes this phone great.

Agreed. Also the best phone I've used in terms of Bluetooth just always working and having a strong connection. I see constant posts on Reddit from people with the Galaxy Buds having connection stability issues even when used with Samsung's own flagship phones. I had the same connection stability issues with the Galaxy Buds with a 1+ 6T, but they work flawlessly with the 3a. The phone just works and the battery life is great.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have issues with performance in regular use (ie app opening, scrolling, etc)?

I have no complaints regarding performance so far... the phone's been snappy and smooth overall. It could be a placebo, but I think it's even smoother after the update to Android 10.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have no complaints regarding performance so far... the phone's been snappy and smooth overall. It could be a placebo, but I think it's even smoother after the update to Android 10.

It's not a placebo effect...... my phones actually fasters and smoother on 10 as well ;-)