I always go out of my way to optimize the phone for battery life.. Coming from the Pixel 2 where over 6.5 hrs overnight I would have a 2% battery drain overnight (with the phone being on battery saver mode and on airplane mode without any heavy apps in the background).

However, with all the same optimizations, my Pixel 3a, still drains 5-6% during the same period under the same conditions overnight. Wondering if there's something wrong with mine or if that's the norm for this phone. Just out of curiosity, what type of numbers are you getting?
    08-23-2019 12:49 AM
    There's a known bug with Google play services that's causing excess battery drain in standby mode..... I've definitely noticed more battery drain. But I also have a landline, so I charge my pixel up then unplug it and shut it down overnight, so the battery drain hasn't really affected my usage any.

Google's going to be rolling a fix out for it (maybe in Q?), and then with Q coming any day now, and the much improved battery life that Q beta testers are taking about, we should be getting the best battery life ever pretty soon :-D
    kmcochran likes this.
    08-28-2019 07:19 AM
    After disabling Google Play Protect and Find my Location, I did get it down to 3% but still...it should be less. iOS devices are MUCH better at standby battery life. Android 10 is rolling out today, looking forward to trying it out and seeing if they fixed this.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-03-2019 02:04 PM
    What people have been doing to avoid the Google play services drain is to sign up for the beta version of Google play services, that's been recommended by multiple big tech sites, and people seem to be loving the lack of battery drain ;-)
    09-05-2019 05:20 AM