Anyone considering upgrading their 3a or XL to a Pixel 4?

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I've considered upgrading but quite frankly, I think the Pixel 4 seems overpriced. Maybe I'll wait until the 4a comes available.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
After this phone, I don't know if I'm ever paying flagship prices again. I'll definitely wait for the 4a.

binaryhermit

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I might consider it when there's the "Pixel 5 leaking" firesale happens about a year from now.

But I'm more likely to get a Pixel 4a or whatever it's called?

Rocko Bauer

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I've had the 4 for a day and send them back. No rival to my beloved 3a XL. It's hard to find a better package. Looking forward to the 4a XL

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I'm loving my 3a XL. Going to suggest them to my teens when they start complaining about their Motorola phones being too laggy. I personally don't need or want a phone that costs over $500.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
How’s the performance on the 3aXL? I’m looking for a new phone

Performance has exceeded expectations for me. It's extremely fast and smooth for pretty much all normal activities (texting, web browsing, watching videos, etc.).

Occasionally, there may be a small frame drop or hiccup in some very intensive games, but I haven't played a game yet that the 3a couldn't handle (granted, I don't really use my phone for intense gaming, mostly Alto's Odyssey).

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually had the Pixel 4 for about a week.. Really really tried to make it work but couldn't. It's battery life is simply THE WORST of any Android phone I've ever had. Had to return it..even when I had, I did some side by side comparisons and honestly for most shots, the camera isn't that much better at all. But regardless, the TERRIBLE battery life of the Pixel 4 is what was the deal breaker for me!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
No not now but I hope they release them in May next year

I think they're going to have to release "a" versions of their phones from now on because those are the only pixels that are actually selling. The 3a's have been the top selling phones on Amazon for a long time now...... while the flagship pixel 3's had to have a $300 price cut halfway through the year just to get them moving out the door. It's going to be the same with the 4.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I think they're going to have to release "a" versions of their phones from now on because those are the only pixels that are actually selling. The 3a's have been the top selling phones on Amazon for a long time now...... while the flagship pixel 3's had to have a $300 price cut halfway through the year just to get them moving out the door. It's going to be the same with the 4.

I agree with you. The 3a has surpassed my expectations. I think they should just release the 4a now or what ever they will call it. The 4 seems like a total bust.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am a huge fan of the 3A XL but upgraded to the 4 XL when Best Buy had it for $499. The 4 XL is a seriously underrated phone. It is noticeably faster. The screen is better. The camera is better with faster processing. Face unlock is super fast. The battery life is solid and easy to make it through the day. I do miss the headphone jack but honestly that's about it. Sticking with the 4 XL...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781