stuck in reboot

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having a problem where their 3a gets stuck during a reboot (either from the Restart or from a cold boot after powering down)?

I get the G and a status bar below it. I've let it attempt to reboot for over 10 minutes and it just keeps showing the moving status bar. Happens EVERY time, and this started with Android 10.

Only way out is to hold power down for about 7 seconds, and then it reboots again just fine.

Any known fixes other than a factory reset?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume that you haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, so not even a factory reset. You have to unlock the bootloader, then flash the factory ROM (removing the -w from the last "fastboot" line if you ever have to do it again, so it doesn't do a wipe). But unlocking the bootloader wiped the phone, bringing it back to factory new state (with the current version of Android - the November update if you got it). You can get the ROM at https://developers.google.com/android/images#sargo, including all instructions for flashing it. (You can get the fastboot tool, in a much smaller package than the entire SDK, at ADB and Fastboot Tool - use version 14.3 - the latest at the moment.)

But make sure that you have all the syncs enabled at Settings > Accounts - your Google account > Account sync, so the phone will sync everything back when you're done. (And you should be keeping a separate backup of anything important at all times, anyway. You can't recover files from a phone that gets run over or dropped in a lake.)

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I want a fix that doesn't involve all that.

I backup everything I need, but I don't wanna mess with bootloaders. Bugs shouldn't have to be fixed in that manner.

Is there a Google recommended fix for this, other than a factory reset?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not experiencing this issue of my pixel 3 a
But might have to try factory reset or wait until next updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair