Smartwatch for pixel 3a

Wyomoose

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
Looking for a smartwatch for my wife. The big things are fitness tracking and text messages. Bought her a Samsung Active 2 because lots of folks bashed ware os. Anyway the active 2 messageing doesn't work well if at all with the pixel. Before I go buy her another watch does anyone here have a recommendation?.thanks for the advice

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Fitbit Versa and it works great with my Pixel 3a XL. I get my texts and emails on it. The Versa 2 is out now and I believe it sends texts as well now since it has a microphone and it has added features that mine doesn't have. You may be able to still get it for $150 this weekend. And there are lots of inexpensive bands you can buy for it on Amazon.

There is an article here in AC about it https://www.androidcentral.com/fitb...tw_card&utm_content=83242&utm_campaign=social

ETA: Battery life is excellent. I usually get 4-5 days before having to charge it. And Google recently purchased Fitbit so integration should become even better.

Last edited:

Wyomoose

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
Any one have the fossil 5? Sounds like maybe Fossil made the Google O/S on them run pretty well. She currently has a Fitbit Alta he. Fitbits just don't look as nice mainly because of the square head. But they seem rock solid.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think there is a Fossil message board here at AC. Have you looked at the design of the Versa 2? It looks like a watch. Totally different than the previous Fitbit designs. It also has workout videos onboard.

riccowboy2014

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung Gear S3 with my pixel 3a xl. No problems at all. I receive messages and emails. All functions are working well together.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Looking for a smartwatch for my wife. The big things are fitness tracking and text messages. Bought her a Samsung Active 2 because lots of folks bashed ware os. Anyway the active 2 messageing doesn't work well if at all with the pixel. Before I go buy her another watch does anyone here have a recommendation?.thanks for the advice

Don't know why the Samsung isn't working well for you. I have an older Sammy Gear Sport with no problems handling texts from Pixel phones. All recent Sammys run the same software so they should also work.

Are you using standard Android Messages or another text app? Did you make sure that notifications are enabled for your texting app in the Tiezen settings?

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
If all she needs is fitness tracking and notification, what about the Fossil Hybrid HR? I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's the best smartwatch I've owned. Great having the analog hands and battery life is incredible. The only downside I can say is that you cannot respond to a text through it.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Depending on how you weight the desired features, I might recommend Garmin. The Forerunner 245 Music can be had used for less than $250 and excels in most areas. Notifications are present but not full featured like Samsung or WearOS though